Trevor's partner passed way recently, need urgent help!

ozzyandtrevorGP

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently my lovely boy Ozzy crossed the rainbow bridge. I am planning to get a new guinea pig in a couple of weeks, though in the mean time I'm extremely worried that he might get depressed. Does anyone have any advice whilst he is waiting for his new buddy? I need urgent help as I dont want him to stop eating!
Thanks
- Max

I’m sorry for your loss.

Most piggies manage ok during the time they are alone and will continue to eat as normal. Give him lots to do to keep his mind occupied - foraging, enrichment etc.
You can always switch from routine weekly weight checks to instead weighing daily during the time he is alone so you can be sure he is still eating enough hay.

The guides below offer further information

Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig
Enrichment Ideas for Guinea Pigs

So sorry you lost Ozzy, sleep tight little man 🌈

Now is a good time to be thinking about bonding at a good guinea pig rescue. Perhaps you could contact a few and ask if they do boar bonding for bereaved piggies. I know Milhaven do in Keighley, West Yorkshire. They often have single guinea pigs which are not featured on their website who are waiting to be paired up
/User-agent: * milhaven-rescue.com for their rehabilitation in and around the keighleysteeton yorkshire area, home for abandoned, mistreat, mistreated guinea pigs in need of a loving sanctuary

When my piggy had a wait for a friend last year, I sat by the cage and patted her a lot more often. She was never as much of a people person as her sister, but she was laying beside where I sat for ages being patted. I definitely think it helped get her through the wait.

Back