Treats

Personally I don’t use any commercial treats such as these as most of them are unsuitable - too high in sugar and contain ingredients such as grains, alfalfa and sometimes seeds which piggies should never eat.
For my animals, a treat is a different type of fresh herb or an extra slice of cucumber.

As for the links:

The first one is a definite no. Not suitable for piggies (or rabbits). It’s nothing but sugar and ingredients you wouldn’t want your piggies to have.

The second one is marginally better. I’d personally not give it but it is a bit better than the first one. It does contain a bit of alfalfa though which is best avoided.

The third one looks to be ok and if you definitely went to buy such commercial treats, then the third would be the one to go for.
Id I was going to use this it would be something I’d do very rarely - perhaps once a month.

Personally I don’t use any commercial treats such as these as most of them are unsuitable - too high in sugar and contain ingredients such as grains, alfalfa and sometimes seeds which piggies should never eat.
For my animals, a treat is a different type of fresh herb or an extra slice of cucumber.

As for the links:

The first one is a definite no. Not suitable for piggies (or rabbits). It’s nothing but sugar and ingredients you wouldn’t want your piggies to have.

The second one is marginally better. I’d personally not give it but it is a bit better than the first one. It does contain a bit of alfalfa though which is best avoided.

The third one looks to be ok and if you definitely went to buy such commercial treats, then the third would be the one to go for.
Id I was going to use this it would be something I’d do very rarely - perhaps once a month.
Thank you!:-)

As for the links:

The third one looks to be ok and if you definitely to buy such commercial treats, then the third would be the one to go for.
Id I was going to use this it would be something I’d do very rarely - perhaps once a month
Thank you!:-)

As for the links:

What about these:
A6 Summer Snack Box for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Degus, Chinchillas and Other Small Animals. - Etsy UK
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/972716012/
And if they are ok, how often would you give them this?

And do you have any ideas of small treats you could give them everyday?
I like to give them fruit, but not suitable for everyday

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you
:) :) :)

When I was a new slave to my furry masters, I did buy and try those sorts of things. Haypigs piggy nom noms go down well with my boys. Other than that I found that they didn't really show any interest in any biscuit or bar type treats except for the beetroot and dandelion sticks. They go mad for any loose forage, either flower or herb and hay cookies are a big hit. Pea flakes are definitely the ultimate in treats though. But things like melon rind, banana peel and herbs.... definitely herbs.

When I was a new slave to my furry masters, I did buy and try those sorts of things. Haypigs piggy nom noms go down well with my boys. Other than that I found that they didn't really show any interest in any biscuit or bar type treats except for the beetroot and dandelion sticks. They go mad for any loose forage, either flower or herb and hay cookies are a big hit. Pea flakes are definitely the ultimate in treats though. But things like melon rind, banana peel and herbs.... definitely herbs.
Haha when they wheek at me I do feel a slave 😂
Yeah I have loose forage they love :)
Thank you!

What about these:
A6 Summer Snack Box for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Degus, Chinchillas and Other Small Animals. - Etsy UK
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/972716012/
And if they are ok, how often would you give them this?

And do you have any ideas of small treats you could give them everyday?
I like to give them fruit, but not suitable for everyday

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you
:) :) :)

I can’t see a list of ingredients but it looks to be a flower and leaf dried forages. If so then that wild be much better. I give some forage every day but I don’t feed pellets often.

To be honest an every day treat for mine is literally their veg portion. As I also mentioned, mine also see their pellets as a treat as, unlike most piggies, they only get them 2-3 times a week. It doesn’t need to be any more than that. Their meal is the hay everything else (veg and pellets when they get them) is their treat.
You can give 1-2 peaflakes a day
I give fruit just once a year.

I can’t see a list of ingredients but it looks to be a flower and leaf dried forages. If so then that wild be much better. I give some forage every day but I don’t feed pellets often.

To be honest an every day treat for mine is literally their veg portion. As I also mentioned, mine also see their pellets as a treat as, unlike most piggies, they only get them 2-3 times a week. It doesn’t need to be any more than that. Their meal is the hay everything else (veg and pellets when they get them) is their treat.
You can give 1-2 peaflakes a day
I give fruit just once a year.
Yeah I like to give them some forage every day :)

That is true!

Do you recommend any pellets? I do have a Pets at home brand

Thank you, i havent heard of pea flakes

Yeah I like to give them some forage every day :)

That is true!

Do you recommend any pellets? I do have a Pets at home brand

Thank you, i havent heard of pea flakes

As you’re in the Uk, in my opinion, the best forage is from Piggie Parcels. It’s a business run by a member of this forum and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
She also makes pellets which are 100% grass and plant pellets. They are, in my opinion, by far the best and certainly the ones I use and would recommend above any commercial brand.

Otherwise you are looking for a pellet which is Timothy hay based, doesnt contain alfalfa and is ideally grain free. Pellets contribute most calcium in to the diet and too much calcium can lead to the formation of bladder stones. So ensuring any pellet you feed is kept very limited is important

The pets at home nuggets look to be alfalfa based so personally I would not use nor recommend them.

As you’re in the Uk, in my opinion, the best forage is from Piggie Parcels. It’s a business run by a member of this forum and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
She also makes pellets which are 100% grass and plant pellets. They are, in my opinion, by far the best and certainly the ones I use and would recommend above any commercial brand.

Otherwise you are looking for a pellet which is Timothy hay based, doesnt contain alfalfa and is ideally grain free. Pellets contribute most calcium in to the diet and too much calcium can lead to the formation of bladder stones. So ensuring any pellet you feed is kept very limited is important

The pets at home nuggets look to be alfalfa based so personally I would not use nor recommend them.
Thank you! I will defo check that out
Youve been super helpful :-))

I don't feed pellets or these kinds of snacks although I do give them 2 pea flakes each a few times a week. When the ground isn't frozen I gather my own forage, mostly grass and some wild flowers/weeds from my garden and the park. These are procesed by the gut in the same way as hay and are much loved by my piggies....but not so easy to find at this time of year. My boys would also vote for herbs

As a general rule think the fewer ingredients the better for example dried carrot or apple (fed occasionally) is way better than wierd biscuit things that claim to taste like carrot or apple. I agree that piggie parcels is great for getting lots of lovely things for your piggies.

Another vote for piggies parcels from me. Mine absolutely love getting herbs and adore a bit of melon rind or banana peel which they get maybe once every 6 weeks. Mustn't forget the pea flakes which they will do anything for!

Back