Treats/enrichment

WobblyPiggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

I have fussy piggies who so far haven't taken to anything but cardboard boxes does anyone have any items that their piggies loved that we could maybe purchase from amazon or somewhere as were really wanting to buy them some treats...or something for them to chew on or play with...

My boys really like carrot cottages and haycubes.
They also really love Piggie Parcels forage mixed in big piles of hay

For treats my girl really loves Oxbow simple rewards and pea flakes.
For toys she likes willow balls and toilet paper tubes filled with hay

Paper bags stuffed with hay. Hay cubes. Carrot cottages. And them compressed blocks of hay. They get more joy from these than other stuff that cost me way more money. Piggies get joy from the simple things in life. They get excited over just having more loose hay that they get 3 times a day. Imagine the excitement of it being in a paper bag! 🤣

Thanks everyone for some tips...I have done the cardboard tubes with hay...it always ended up the same way pee all over it within a few hours then they just leave it...we have recently tried the paper bag with food in it one loved it the other just looked at me like i was a fool...but the other likes big paper bags she can go into with hay in...we have found something called a nibble and dig hay mat which is compressed hay and forage in mat form father than a cube...I'm paranoid about hay pokes at the moment as they have both suffered a few in the past few weeks despite all attempts to limit it...thankfully vet says no lasting damage...I may try a few different types of forage and get the carpet tubes as well if I find a carpet shop near by...weve spent so much on different things for them and they just turn their noses up...one even at a cozy hidey she prefers a box with a bath mat in and some hay...I hope everyone has a good weekend and piggies and other fur babies (ans non fur babies too) get extra weekend treats

Back