Travelling to EU with guinea pig

cimo11121

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to travel to the EU via Eurotunel later this August and I was wondering to ask what is required for crossing as I would like to take my two guinea pigs with me. - I red some information about general health certificat but I am not sure whether this needs to be in english or french.

Does anyone have any information or experience with this ?

Thanks you

Rasty

Hello and welcome to the forum
I’m sorry I have no experience of travelling with piggies abroad, although my old piggies did clock up 1,000 of miles over their time. You may be able to find out from your local vets what is needed with regard to health checks and paperwork. It’s good to prepare now, but with the Covid situation it’s ever changing with travel restrictions. Alternatively, could you leave them at a small pet hotel locally while you are away?

I’ve no experience but I think you will have to contact Eurostar and ask whether you’re allowed to take them. And France regarding what they’d need to come into the country. Do you not have the option to book them into a pet hotel?

@Bill & Ted @Siikibam - Hey both, thank for the reply. I will try to contact these people. I do have a brother in law who would usualy take car of them but for now it may be out of the option. Also the hotel is bit off as I am planning to be off for up to 2 months.

Back