Travel cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just curious.. what do you guys use for your travel cages and what bedding do you use in them?

When we brought the piggies home we used a cat travel cage, lined with newspaper and hay.. not sure whether that was the best idea ever, but it worked fine for us..anyway, they're going on a journey on saturday morning, so I'm wondering if anyone has any better ideas? :P

Jane

I've always used cat boxes. I find the ones that you can access from the top the easiest to use.

I don't have to travel far with mine, but did buy another carrier from PAH yesterday. Be careful with some types though, the hinges are a bit dodgy and I wouldn't trust just the handle, if you are carrying it, support the bottom.

An old towel on the bottom is good with a layer of hay, also put some cucumber in so they have access to some moisture, and I always seatbelt the carrier in.

Jillybean said:
I don't have to travel far with mine, but did buy another carrier from PAH yesterday. Be careful with some types though, the hinges are a bit dodgy and I wouldn't trust just the handle, if you are carrying it, support the bottom.

An old towel on the bottom is good with a layer of hay, also put some cucumber in so they have access to some moisture, and I always seatbelt the carrier in.

Yes, when I brought them home we carried it from underneath not with the handle, and but it in the seatbelt in the back.. they're going to SkinnyLover's house on Saturday, she's only about 10-20 minutes away though, I'll remember the cucumber hehe. I think I'll just keep to the newspaper (maybe a towel?) and hay though, thanks :)

I use vetbed and paper to line my carriers with. I also put in a fleecy blanket for them to hide in - has always worked well for me!

I have a cat carrier for our piggies. I use towels on the bottom with some hay and chop a few veggies for them to munch.

My GP travels in a cat carrier, lined with newspaper, an old towel, some hay and a carrot. I find the best place to put them in the car is in the back foot well, with the chair pushed back close to it. There is no fidgetty seat belts to do and the carrier sits perfectly....although it does in my corsa!

KatsCavies said:
I have specially made carry boxes with 2-4 compartments in them :)

Kat
Is it like one of those wine carriers so you can just slot the guineas in upright? (only joking)

Jillybean said:
KatsCavies said:
I have specially made carry boxes with 2-4 compartments in them :)

Kat
Is it like one of those wine carriers so you can just slot the guineas in upright? (only joking)
:D ;D
2funny

i have a cat carrier (or two)

Think I would use a layer of newspaper then a towel and hay :) I have vet bed over newspaper and hay in mine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back