Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here had trained their Guinea Pigs to do anything unusual? I don't mean like training a dog to jump through hoops or anything big like that but little habits you've developed together. If so, what do they do?

My Greta loves to rub noses with me, and actually climbed right up from my lap to do it the other day. I'm still reeling from the compliment, we've only had him 8 weeks.

Their long term memory is super and it's funny how she adapts it to different situations. New bed, new house, she still does both. I have to post this picture as I adore it.

DSCN2095-1.jpg

Three of mine have also taken up standing on their hind legs at feeding time. Bramble just figured, I assume, that since it's an open-topped cage (C&C), she will get the food faster. Bart, who's in the picture, is rather heavy but still does it with no encouragement when they hear food being prepared. They're currently doing it even more since they got moved to the kitchen while our living room is decorated.

DSCN2238.jpg

DSCN1912.jpg

love the last piccy looks like the one on the left is poking her tongue out at the camera :smitten:

I wish you could train them. The best thing mine do is run on to my lap if I sit next to them...although if Thomas wants to go to a different room and the door is closed she stands up and scratches the door :o Some sort of guinea pig cat ;D

daftscotslass said:
I have one that performs the same routine when put on our bed. Runs up, finds the best way to go under the covers and settles herself down underneath. The same pig will also yank paper towels off my lap if I have some just washed veg on it. It's easier than climbing up.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/daftscotslass/?action=view&current=DSCN0106.flv

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/daftscotslass/?action=view&current=DSCN0661.flv

She is so clever. All your piggies are gorgeous. :smitten: OH keeps saying that he will end up kicked out and the piggies will be in bed with me. Just shown him your video now he is worried lol.
;D

daftscotslass, you have beautiful guinea pigs! :) They are just precious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back