Tragic Events And Questions About New Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggypigpigpig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I haven't been here for a while, mainly because of some tragic events. I lost my piggy Pumpkin my long haired male to reasons unknown he was under a vets care but we couldn't find out what was wrong with him. Then was left with just 3 boys and had three girl piggies for a while with the girls Esme, Eva and Eve are all doing well enjoying their diet of veggies and nuggets, the boys however my two oldest Hans and Chewie passed away leaving Kylo alone he was so depressed for a while and hasn't been eating, then today putting the cat litter out found a new piggy in the bin! I tipped the cat litter right onto the poor thing! So calling the new piggy Vader and hopefully him and Kylo get on ok.
Was wonder tho is there anything high in vitamin C I can give to get new piggy a boost on his immune system?
Will Kylo now stop being depressed and sing again he hasnt for weeks now he has company?
Is there anything Piggys can have to help them gain weight?

So I haven't been here for a while, mainly because of some tragic events. I lost my piggy Pumpkin my long haired male to reasons unknown he was under a vets care but we couldn't find out what was wrong with him. Then was left with just 3 boys and had three girl piggies for a while with the girls Esme, Eva and Eve are all doing well enjoying their diet of veggies and nuggets, the boys however my two oldest Hans and Chewie passed away leaving Kylo alone he was so depressed for a while and hasn't been eating, then today putting the cat litter out found a new piggy in the bin! I tipped the cat litter right onto the poor thing! So calling the new piggy Vader and hopefully him and Kylo get on ok.
Was wonder tho is there anything high in vitamin C I can give to get new piggy a boost on his immune system?
Will Kylo now stop being depressed and sing again he hasnt for weeks now he has company?

Where did the piggy come from?

Sweet pepper is high in vit C and usually well liked!

Please ensure he is quarantined for the appropriate length before any intros to your pig, who knows what he is carrying poor little thing!

poor thing tossed out with the trash!

Hi! I am very sorry for your losses. You are welcome to post a tribute to the piggies you have lost in our Rainbow Bridge section if or whenever it feels right for you.

That was a lucky escape for the little one! Sadly, dumping guinea pigs into bins or parks is not at all rare and the coward's way out. With the number of unwanted children's pets climbing quickly, summer holiday is unfortunately one of the high seasons. Please have him checked out by a vet to be on the safe side. :(

Please make sure that you either quarantine the little one or be prepared to treat both piggies for any communable illnesses if they have already been in contact. You will still have to introduce the two on neutral ground when the time is right.
Looking After A Bereaved Guinea Pig
Importance Of Quarantine

A good general hay-based diet with a wide range of nutrients is vital to build up the little one's health, but you can add an extra slice of pepper, coriander/cilantro or parsley to the diet.
Recommendations For A Balanced General Guinea Pig Diet
Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Personally, I would Inform the authorities if I ever found a live animal in a bin

poor thing tossed out with the trash!

How can people do this, if it breaths you love it. I do so hope the little one is going to be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back