Toys

Gracestar

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Do all Guinea pigs like toys?
I had two previously, who lived for 7 years. They never played with toys, and it got chalked up to their previous home where they lived for the first few months of their lives not having any.

Now I have two new ones who also don’t seem interested in any of the enrichment toys I’ve got them. Is there anything I should be doing to get them to try the enrichment toys?

It really depends on the pig.

My Rosie currently has a soft teddy she really loves. One of my first piggies, Minnie, ended up getting her own special piece of towel because for whatever reason she loved dragging it around and playing/snuggling with it.

All my pigs have gone wild for long pieces of hemp string that’s in their snacks sometimes.

IMG_1539.webp
IMG_1540.webp
IMG_1052.webp

But floor time above anything else - they love zooming :’)

Generally speaking, no, piggies aren’t usually interested in commercial toys. Moreso, some pose potential dangers so do be careful if you purchase anything

The best enrichment comes from then using their mind and being given mental stimulation and activities that use their natural foraging ability. So giving large piles of loose hay on the cage floor (ie not using hay racks or anything that restricts hay), hiding their veg portion in large piles of hay so they have to search for it, cardboard boxes with holes doors cut in, and hides are the most fun for them.

Back