Toy ideas

• Thread starter Thread starter Racheylcg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Racheylcg

Hi, as you probably all know, in the winter months they cant go in their outside run, so they need floor time.
Wherever you choose to let them run, they wont play that much uness you give them toys.
Some ideas I have are: (eying piggy pen for ideas) Crumpled up towel, crumpled newspaper, newspaper sheet made into tent, ping pong ball, soft toy, cardboard boxes, and PVC piping.
Does anybody else have useful toy ideas? My pen is big and it still looks quite empty

If you have a Carpet/flooring shop near by you could try and scrounge some empty tubes off them, this is what i do, Gilbert loves to run through them, climb over them and chew them 2 bits, and the Bonus is, they are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Amy.x.

Yeah their used to be a carpet shop where I live, but it closed down before I got the pigs :(

toilet roll tubes filled with hay maybe ? ::)
hide their food in places too theyll love finding them and just general things to climb on so they are high a little bit O0

If anybody's looking for pens, this ones 8.99! http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/14543
Its a bit small if you just put it is a circular pen, but I use it to corner off one large corner of the room and its massive
To save you from nasty shocks, the sides are very low, but they dont usally jump over(its a good idea to supervise them consistently though).
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/30085 This one's bigger but more expensive
Zooplus.co.uk is great for cheap animal cages and accesories

Anbody with pics of their playpens feel free to post them on here-I'd liketo see your set ups cause I'm thinking of making the pen semipermenant
Its a pain putting it away every day

I only have runs for outside and my piggys never come inside :-\

Racheylcg said:
What do you do in the winter then?
Me ? I go in the shed to them LOL and just play with them and groom them all and clip their nails and plus ive only had my 21 sice last year ::)

Actually I meant how do they get excercise? They preferably need some once a day so if they dont get any in the winter you might want to buy an indoor pen

Racheylcg said:
Actually I meant how do they get excercise? They preferably need some once a day so if they dont get any in the winter you might want to buy an indoor pen
They are not aloud inside

Piles of shredded paper too plus the other things i do too which are mentioned above O0

My parents only let me take them inside for a run if I clean up every last peice of dirt they make
Which means I'm forever on my knees scrubbing at a stray pee stain ::)
I'm confused do they have like a run in the shed?

Racheylcg said:
My parents only let me take them inside for a run if I clean up every last peice of dirt they make
Which means I'm forever on my knees scrubbing at a stray pee stain ::)
I'm confused do they have like a run in the shed?
no, why are you confused ? ? I'm not aloud to bring any inside even if I'm just cuddling them as my mum shouts get them out they smell ::) and all that all i do is go inside my shed and play with them by getting them out their cages :)

My parents are kind of the same my mum says the house looks like a farm yard with hay all over the floor ::)
Anyway you could still put lots of toys in an outdoor run but my pigs prefer to eat grass than play with toys so they jut ignore them

I put various sized cardboard boxes with an entrance and exit cut into each of them in my run, the pigs love running in and out of them and chasing.

I also have a branch from a cherry tree for them to climb over, I believe wood from fruit trees is OK if they decide they want a nibble.

I also put things in that they can climb on to or jump on to - upside down plastic dog basket, small plastic stool (childs from the pound shop.)

Rabswood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back