Towel or fleece

Ninarodders

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boys are currently on savings but want to swap to fleece. One thing that puts me off is they have a flexible tunnel that is in a u shape and they love it. They spend most of their time in it. Which means it gets dirty. I currently put quite a bit of shavings in the bottom and swap to fresh shavings daily and swap the tunnel for a clean one every couple days. But if I put them on fleece how can I keep it clean? The shape means I won't be able buy a fleece to put in but I was thinking I could lay in a handtowel. And then swap the towel everyday/every other day.

So basically is a handtowel an option to put in their tunnel? Or is there something else I've not thought of?

Thanks

Yea I wasn't sure. Just not sure how I'd use the smaller pads as the shape is a u shape. Something to think about

The other thing with towels is if they get damp they won’t really dry - even if they’re under fleece. You can use vet bed cut up or a puppy pad with a piece of fleece on top. Then just swap it out regularly.

I had the same problome with the flex tunual. I just ended up washing it out daily with the shower head. And then let it dry. And the section the tunle will sit on should have some puppy pee pee pads under yhe fleace.

I had the same problome with the flex tunual. I just ended up washing it out daily with the shower head. And then let it dry. And the section the tunle will sit on should have some puppy pee pee pads under yhe fleace.
I was doing that before putting shavings in it but I didnt like them sitting in their own mess and getting dirty.

Might have to use 3 or 4 small pads or something 🤔

Yea they love it. They love sleeping in it and they run through it like crazy when they have the zoomies

Back