• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

tooth problems HELP!

• Thread starter Thread starter !!!fd!!!
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

!!!fd!!!

hey, my guinea pig oscar has been poorly the fast few week and i thought he was better but the past few days ive noticed that he stopped drinking again so i started syringe feeding him water, as i did this i noticed that he was dribbling and his teeth sounded like they were catching. i didnt think anything of it but yesterday i decided 2 have a look in his mouth, when i lifted up his lips lol i could see that he couldnt shut his mouth properly and that his front back teeth at the bottom are growing into the middle of his mouth, i have a vets appointment with an eng speeking vet on monday (i live in france) but i am very woulried as thats two days away as he has stopped eating again, mind you I'm not suprised he isnt eating

awww poor oscar can you not see the vet as an emergency becasue 2 days with no food is going to leave him very weak and maybe not able to get over an anesthetic if needed for his dental work, think if it was me I'd be banging on vets door if you can see it as well its got to be quite bad, hope hes ok

Yes,I agree with Michele.,this is an emergency.I expect you are syringe feeding ?.,as pigs are grazers they cannot go very long without eating.If the inscissors are as curved in as you say,the molars will almost certainly be overgrown as well.. Mary

yes ive been syringe feeding him, went out 2day and when i got bk he had all the symtoms of a stroke. did what peter gurney said and put his comfy in a dark box an hr ago hes reli weak althought been feeding him food and water and i dont think hes going 2 make it :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oh dear this is such a worry for you :'( i hope things get better very very quickly for you both :-* :-*
Come on little Oscar :smitten:

oscar died last night ages 5yrs :'( rest in peace! mwahhhhhh love you lots, will never forget you! :-* :-* :-* i did absolutely everything i could to help him, although its hard, knowing that i tried makes it easier! 0:)

I am so,so sorry you lost the battle with Oscar.Be comforted by the fact that you did all you could for him,and he knew you loved him.

I am so sorry, I also have a guinea with bad teeth, and it is so worrying, at least he is at Rainbow bridge in no discomfort anymore, its very sad big hug

d050.gif

Keep your chin up

them

I am so very very sorry to hear about little Oscar, what a little champion :-* :-* We know just how much you tried for him he had the best piggie life being with you :smitten:
RIP Oscar no more sore gums you'll be popcorning in the grass and eating away happily :'( :'(
Hugs and piggie kisses from us to help comfort you :-* :-*

I'm so so sorry our Duke has had teeth probs for so many months now, i know the agony :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back