• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Toofie probs again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Gosh these teeth are such a prob aren't they.
Had the trim just before we went away and Duke was going to Great Granny and Great Grandpa's to be
pigsat. BTW completely had them round his little paws ;D ;D
Got him home on Sunday, wouldn't eat, thought maybe change of environment but OH DEAR the gut feeling was
really kicking in. STUPID slave did not listen to her heart, so Duke not eating properly since Sunday, but have
had him on CC 4 times a day plus hand feeding fruits etc. plus he'll now even have water thru the syringe (thanks
Mum you're the best :-*).
Went to vets today (thursday) yep those dammed teeth again, needed trimming at the back and the front
Brendan (vet) says that each time he's getting them on a better angle. Unfortunately it always takes a few
days turn around before Duke is up and runnig. Spoke to Brendan and he says Duke's weight (640 grams - bag of bones) and
his age (nearly 5) is against him, but feels it's worth it as long as i'm prepared to do the work
Am i prepared OF COURSE I BLOODY WELL AM.
No he was great he's supporting me all the way and will help Dukey boy as much as he can.
Duke's still taking CC tonight still a bit groggy tho and he's to be on metacam for a few days.
Cross my paws for him to once again get thru this.
Oh i wish their toofies would not cause these probs for them, poor little furbabies.

Aww (((( hugs Duke)))) Shame he won't do the teeth without anaesthetic, especially since he's needing them done regularly :-\

Yeah i know, but there's nobody who'll do that in my area >:(

Did ask tho that he only be given just a whiff of gas, Brendan is pretty good
don't always agree but i think having been there so much over the past year he's
got used to me being a bit pushy :o

Those bloody teeth. My bunny is always down the vet having them clipped or filled. None of my piggies luckly.

Aww big hugs to you both. Teeth are really a nightmare - but it seems you have really good vet there! :) Best of luck

Huge but gentle huggles to Duke.
I know what it's like - I went through all this with Dr Atkins. He weighed under 500g when he died.

Lots of love to you both xx

Me too and so did Billie :(

I was trying so hard to keep him cool in the summer heat that I wasnt paying attention to his weight :'( :'( :'(

Good luck and hugs

Why is this? What happens to make the teeth suddenly do this? is seems to happen at any age as well.

Does anyone know why?

I think that cos they can grow at both fast and slow rates, it's hard to ever spot a tooth/teeth problem before it's too late :(

I was nosing through my piglopedia last night and I'm sure i saw mention that it might be genetic in some cases

Could be wrong though

kellyandpiggies said:
I think that cos they can grow at both fast and slow rates, it's hard to ever spot a tooth/teeth problem before it's too late :(
Billies Mum said:
I was nosing through my piglopedia last night and I'm sure i saw mention that it might be genetic in some cases

Could be wrong though

From what Brendan said you're both right, he's shown me the books and Duke is a classic case of over growth, but i'm still wondering if his
original probs with abscesses (sp) could've contributed to this as well.
He didn't want to eat his CC this morning so we had a little battle i've got to be so careful as he's so frail.
Oh Lucinda you must've been so heart broken with Dr 500g is so small :'(

I have an xray taken the morning he died. Roger showed me his empty tummy.

I can't look at it.

Beautiful Doctor. As you can all see on my avatar.

Lucinda said:
I have an xray taken the morning he died. Roger showed me his empty tummy.

I can't look at it.

Beautiful Doctor. As you can all see on my avatar.

I'm sorry i'm in tears now just thinking of you and Dr :'( :'( :-* :-* RIP little man

It's been nearly a year now. But I do have some beautiful photos. I also have some of Dr's fur in a box, and the teeth that Roger had to cut. I hate the teeth because they killed Dr, but I still keep them safe.

Sending you an extra big hug :-*

I've kept Sully's hair, some poos all in a book too it's my little way of remembering him and keeping close to me apart from his resting place.

Ahh, I have Dr's pigture as my wallpaper at the hospital, and his photo stuck to the computer, and in my bag too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back