Too Good To Be True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
had to separate my female pair today :( after thinking I finally had found a friend for my semi aggressive sow she has attacked the poor female friend she had leaving her in a nasty way with a deep cut to her throat, front leg and back hip.. its a shame as they had been fine for 4 months and all of a sudden she wasn't happy and went for her.. ive taken the injured girl(the guinea pig in my photo) inside (shell be seeing a vet later today for medication) so I can keep an eye on her and keep the wound clean.. shes on fleece in a small 3ft cage next to my bed for now.. may just have to keep her inside so she can have lots of human interaction as she is very friendly but I have no one else to pair her with as my others are males.. so guess I'm her friend from now on.

the black and white piggy is my semi aggressive pig (also my oldest pig) her name is blossom shes around 3-4 years old
the other little floof is Jaffa cake and she is my newest pig, I got her in November and shes around 4-6 months old

12193508_1516870501964993_7457772221520469874_n.webp

12705443_1560984044220305_7696969640408454128_n.webp

:) Ooooh, nasty! Poor little fluffy girl. I hope her wounds will be all right. Naught Blossom, causing trouble! :gd:

had to separate my female pair today :( after thinking I finally had found a friend for my semi aggressive sow she has attacked the poor female friend she had leaving her in a nasty way with a deep cut to her throat, front leg and back hip.. its a shame as they had been fine for 4 months and all of a sudden she wasn't happy and went for her.. ive taken the injured girl(the guinea pig in my photo) inside (shell be seeing a vet later today for medication) so I can keep an eye on her and keep the wound clean.. shes on fleece in a small 3ft cage next to my bed for now.. may just have to keep her inside so she can have lots of human interaction as she is very friendly but I have no one else to pair her with as my others are males.. so guess I'm her friend from now on.

Good that you have her seen by a vet! Poor girl! that must have shocked her to the core!

I would recommend to keep your problem girl as a single next door companion to other guinea pigs and to have her checked for ovarian cysts in case they are aggravating the problem. However after that, those two girls won't go back together or preferably never come close again if they can help it. :(

shes given me a cream to put on it and some painkillers, ive also got to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected, should heal soon as long as its all kept clean x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back