Tony my guinea pig.

tonythepiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Last night my guinea pig Tony died. I regret not being able to give him a quick and painless death. I hope I’ll be able to see him in the world after and be able to apologize to him, along with all my other beloved pets.
I love you Tony.

Attachments

• IMG_3210.webp
    IMG_3210.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
My sympathy to you. I recently lost Peppa. It was sudden and traumatic as well. We all do the best we can. Try not to let a bad moment overshadow a good pig life...easier said than done , I know

I’m so sorry Tony left for the rainbow bridge. He’s now pain free eating the freshest, greenest grass. I do believe we will meet our beloved pets again. Take care ❤️

You will be reunited with Tony one day. At least he was at home where he feels comfortable and safe ❤️
RIP Tony, over the Rainbow Bridge 🌈❤️

Sorry for your loss. Tony was a very handsome guinea pig and he knew he was loved. Sleep tight Tony x

I am truly sorry. No words I may say will heal your pain, the best I can do is tell you I am sure he was the happiest piggie with you, his own heaven on earth.

So sorry you have lost Tony, he will have known just how much you cared and loved him, treasure those happy memories x

Sleep tight little man 🌈

I am sorry you had to say goodbye to Tony. He would have known how much you loved him and will be waiting for you at the bridge
Sleep well Tony 🌈

BIG HUGS

I am very sorry. There are no out-of-hours services in the USA nor will many vets necessarily squeeze in a dying piggy. You can always only do your best under the circumstances.

Please try to take consolation that you have given Tony years of happiness but that he has suffered only for a few hours eight at the end. As loving owners we are also wired to reflect everything back onto ourselves, whether it was actually within our own control or not. Strong feelings of guilt and failure and intense soul-searching are actually characteristic for the onset of the grieving process. They are actually the other side of the same coin we call love and they are primarily an expression of how deeply we care than of what actually has happened.

Please give yourself a chance to be both sad but to eventually forgive yourself; not forgiving means not allowing yourself to love again. And that would be a real shame - for both you and what Tony is meaning to you.

You can find some very helpful information and practical advice via this link here: Death, Dying, Terminal Illness; Human Grieving and Bereaved Companions: Information and Support for Owners and Their Children

Back