• Thread starter Thread starter Darky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darky

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/guinea_pig_cages/13324

Does anyone own this cage? o_o

Do you know if the ramps and such are suitable for guinea pigs?

If not, do you know of any two/three-tier cages that are?

Also, it turns out that my girlfriend's Mother does not want guinea pigs. So! This means that I cannot seperate Fry and Laurie, which means that I am worried that one day while I'm out or at work, they will get into a serious fight. About three months and Laurie's mounting and chasing is only getting worse, and it's unfair on Fry to have to constantly put up with it, despite the fact that they get along otherwise.

I can't really get two cages to seperate them (it'd be mean to keep them on their own anyway) because there won't be enough room for a second cage where I'm moving to, as it's shared accomodation, and my room is tiny - only big enough for the one cage - unless I put another cage on top, but wouldn't that cast the other into shadow?

Can anyone think of any good idea for housing?

Like, a way to have a two-tier cage that is seperated, a pair of guineas on top, a pair on bottom, if I get them both neutered and get a girl friend for them both?

.__.; I'm really not entirely sure what to do. I really don't want to put one up for adoption.

Those ramps look too steep to me for piggies. The best solution is the grids as you can then build the cage to fit any gap you have and you can have two seperate levels with mini levels. Two boxes would be loads of grids, £40 then some offcut of lino £10. Heres mine

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3996.msg77658#msg77658

I've done 4 x 1, but two levels but you can do 3 x 2 to take up less room, whatever you want really and they're so easy to hold together with cable ties.

Otherwise how about an outdoor two tier hutch

http://ukpetsonline.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=133 (I'm sure you can find cheaper on ebay)

Or get two cheaper 4ft hutches and stack them on top of each other. Or two indoor cages on top of each other, I've done this to seperate boars.

I don't know how my landlady would feel about me building a cage in the room, though. :C

And making it two-tier for seperation, wouldn't the bottom level still be really dark?

As for the hutch idea - I don't know if I'd be allowed to have them in the little garden they have (which is all concrete), because it's a shared area between the housemates. Plus I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with them.

darkest.dreaming said:
I think i looked at that one. I decided against as the ramps look quite flimsy to me.
you could place a paddling pool under the ramps and let them use them as springboards?

sorry silly mood alert

Sorry Sars, but this really isn't the time. 3;

I'm terrified that I'm going to have to put Laurie up for adoption.

I think I'm seriously considering this cage as an upgrade now - though I may need to change the ramps.

If you got that cage could you not take the ramps out and cover up the holes for ramps then just keep one piggie on each level?

The thing is, I'd feel mean seperating them though, without any company whilst I'm at work. D:

Though if it's big enough, I could get two girls and have one on each level with each neutered boy, couldn't I. o_o They wouldn't see each other.

EDIT: Lolseh, I love you. XD

I've just figured it all out.

:DDDD

Not sure how easy it'd be with this particular cage, but I modified ramps in one cage I used to have by lengthening the ramps so that they weren't so steep. I strapped longer planks of wood to the existing ones.

lolseh said:
If you got that cage could you not take the ramps out and cover up the holes for ramps then just keep one piggie on each level?

thats what i do as mine wotn go dow nthe ramps the cage what mean are in is a rabbit one its a 2 trier one and you can put it on the gress in the the summer and put the run on so there can go on the gress or upstaris or downstaris

but now my piggers are in i jsut use the top bit i jsut lay the ramp on the top over the hole as mine wouldnt use the ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back