Toilet-trained?

• Thread starter Thread starter Skydreamie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skydreamie

Hiye... i'm just wondering how to toilet-train piggies? anybody who got some tips?

I know its HARD but I'm willing to try! hhahaha =P
:smitten:

My boars ar trained to pee in q litter pan made for guinea pigs and rabbits. All i did was pick up the wet bits of woodshavings (bedding and place it in the try for about a week and whenever i clean them out i always keep some of the wet bedding and place it in the tray. They soon get the message about where to pee. I am struggling to get them to poo in there though, and havent even started on my girls yet. Just make sure you do this whenever you notice a wet patch or poo's and it should work. x

I find all my boars cleaner than my girls they poop in corners. My girls poop in the food bowl I'm forever telling them it is not a potty! :D

i noticed that in my girls bowl, need to think of a way to stop them x

Hmm not sure how. Even my 9 month old girls do it, they are smooth haired though so don't need to think about keeping themselves that clean! ;D

Gilbert, my last boar, had a litter tray - but seemed to think that as long as his front feet were in it he could do whatever he liked from the back end ;D Lots of near misses!

I had 2 perfectly litter trained, almost down to the poops and then when I started to add more piggies to the mix it all went horribly wrong. Now they just go wherever it comes out!

For Sugar, he just pooped where-ever he likes!

yes yes.. and coffee she pooped in her bowl :-\ :-\ :-\

lololol.. I did that scoping of wet bedding and poops to the litter pan.. but it seems that Sugar still anyhow pees~! lolol.. bleahz.
nvm i will try again for another week =(

DSL how do u train them to poop where? I've heard of pee-trained but poop-trained isnt that easy right?

Both pigs were extremely neat anyway and always pooped in one corner. So I just stuck a tray underneath it and a hay rack above it - they pooped in their usual corner while eating hay.

ahhahhaa! my piggie did that too.. always do the business above the hay ball.. is it their habits? lolol. i jus find it so funnie.
iniitially i put the hay ball on top of the litter pan.. but gosh, Sugar just like to pee/poop/sleep there.. although he do went to his hutch to sleep too.

i think nxt time round when i clean the C&C cage.. i will put the hay rack on top of the litter pan for a try =)
thanks DSL and all! hehe..
hope it will be successful >.<~

I have two partially trained piggies. I'd clean them out and the woodshavings in the tray were wet, yet there'd be poops and wet patches in other areas as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back