• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

To neuter or not?

• Thread starter Thread starter lamore411
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lamore411

I read somewhere in a GP book that spaying and neutering is dangerous and not worth the risk but would like to put Daddy in with Mum and Baby girls eventually. I am not sure if anyone in my area does it....how much it would cost (my husband would object :police:) and does is hurt? Brownie is a manly guy...would he miss them? Lol... but seriously, I hate to have him alone even tho he is right next door to the girls. I know we could not convince my husband to get another boy to keep him company so it is alone or snip snip....This is him....
NewYearsBabies3.jpg

All surgeries have risks but performed by a guinea pig experienced vet it can be a routine op, our vet castrates guineas regularly and has done so for years it costs £43.50. They have not lost a guinea so far and have an excellent recovery record and perform a lot of castrates and spays.
There is a list of recommended vets on a sticky at the top of this section maybe have a look in there and see if one id close to you.
http://jackiesguineapiggies.com/neutering.html this article might help O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back