To low?

Ilovemypigs123

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Will my piggies be able to climb over this, they’ve been in it before but plan on putting this as a wall to extend they’re play pen even more?

Attachments

• IMG_2689.webp
    IMG_2689.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2691.webp
    IMG_2691.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
I would give at least 30cm of height to make sure he doesn't jump over, but a guinea pig would have to be pretty determined in order to jump over a 23cm high cage.
If the cage is going to be in a place where you can't afford him to escape (like in the yard) then I wouldn't risk it, it's not worth buying.

Amazon do a good variety of very affordable c&c. I personally use the songmics grids and my boys palace with penthouse came in at less than £75 with flooring.

I use these Songmics grids, with a sheet of tarp attached to the cage on three sides and left open on the fourth to give me a floor and covered walls. Hopefully the forum doesn't manage to botch the link second time round, lol.

Last edited:
I use these Songmics grids, with a sheet of tarp attached to the cage on three sides and left open on the fourth to give me a floor and covered walls. Hopefully the forum doesn't manage to botch the link second time round, lol.
Thank you, I have a brand new tarp which I could use then? I thought it needed to be a Correx base? Also hope it’s okay to ask but what’s the actual size requirements for different amounts of piggies because everywhere I read it’s different 🙈

If they're on something like a table then you'll probably want a harder base, but my pair are on the floor so that's not a worry. Meant I could buy a larger sheet of tarp, use the eyelets to attach to the grids using cable ties, and then left open on the final side to catch debris. Then I have puppy pads on the tarp, and the bedding on top of the puppy pads, and the tarp keeps it from damaging the floor.

Each of those Songmics grids is about 13.5" long. When you use the connecting feet for them, the extra space means you can count each grid at around a foot long.

If they're on something like a table then you'll probably want a harder base, but my pair are on the floor so that's not a worry. Meant I could buy a larger sheet of tarp, use the eyelets to attach to the grids using cable ties, and then left open on the final side to catch debris. Then I have puppy pads on the tarp, and the bedding on top of the puppy pads, and the tarp keeps it from damaging the floor.

Each of those Songmics grids is about 13.5" long. When you use the connecting feet for them, the extra space means you can count each grid at around a foot long.
That’s awesome , thank you!

Each of those Songmics grids is about 13.5" long. When you use the connecting feet for them, the extra space means you can count each grid at around a foot long

by chance do you have a picture of your cage? X

by chance do you have a picture of your cage? X

That image is probably the best one I've got of it, but this is it from a slightly different angle. It's five grids along the back wall and 4 grids either side, so it's a 5'x4' space.

Back