To Bath, Or Not To Bath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liane

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I recently purchased some Gorgeous Guineas melts and it was my first time using them and, well, it didn't go so well. I thought I had washed it out thoroughly with the shampoo, but when I dried the piggies, their hair still looked wet! It looks awfully greasy.

My question is - should I give them another bath tomorrow, or wait the recommended 7 days? I don't want to irritate their skin or cause any other problems by leaving the greasiness, but I also don't want to stress them out unnecessarily. Is it safe to leave it a week and then bath? Or should I bath them as soon as possible?

I would wait a week and then bathe. You are not the first to struggle with the melt!

There was me thinking they were meant to still look greasy lol by the end of the week some how it seemed to wear off though and it is great stuff :)

I do hope they look a little better because right now they look awful! :D Gonna be another busy weekend - took me 2.5hrs to bath and dry them all!

Gosh, it's a nightmare to wash out! I gave them another bath but there's still so e greasiness remaining (the vet asked what it was :roll: embarrassing). I don't really want to give them a third bath as they shouldn't have them if it isn't necessary. But bright side, skin problems are all gone! (It even helped Glinda's spurs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back