• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

tips for claw clipping

• Thread starter Thread starter Lez
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lez

didnt know where to post this, so i guess it comes under health.

does anyone hape any advice for clipping black claws?

my bob has black claws and i cant see the vein so i never know where to clip to. its getting to the point where his claws are getting a bit too long as I'm afraid i may cut too much off, so only take a little off at a time.

I have a black guinea pig, too. If I hold a flashlight under her nails, I can see where the vein ends, but I have to have my husband help me because it takes extra hands! :)

my morgan has black nails and they curl really badly quickly so if you take a little bit of every week/2weeks you should be fine ive never caught her quick, or made her bleed :) (ps i usually have my mum feeding her cucumber whilst doing her nails as she wriggles a bit! lol)

bob throws such a tantrum when it comes to claw clipping. ive been taking a bit off every 1-2 weeks but his claws grow very fast and curl in awkward ways, i dont think he would stay long enough for me to file them, as when he loses patience he triesto wriggle free or nips me or my bf. ill try giving him food next time whilst i clip them too

Lez said:
bob throws such a tantrum when it comes to claw clipping. ive been taking a bit off every 1-2 weeks but his claws grow very fast and curl in awkward ways, i dont think he would stay long enough for me to file them, as when he loses patience he triesto wriggle free or nips me or my bf. ill try giving him food next time whilst i clip them too

lmao @ throws a tantrum ;D

he really does ;D hes like a little kid! its annoying but kinda funny as hes "supposed" to be the dominant male of the two, and is always bossing munchie around, but hes such a wimp compared to munchie really. he just weeps and struggles so much during claw clips! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back