Tiny Toenails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakepig

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 3 piggies and they are around 2 to 3 months old. They are starting to warm up to their new home but still skidish They have very sharp little nails but not to extremely long yet. At what age did you start trimming nails?

I've had guinea pigs in the past so I know how to trim them and i'm not nervous about it. I just don't want scare them anymore if it's not really needed yet.

I have 3 piggies and they are around 2 to 3 months old. They are starting to warm up to their new home but still skidish They have very sharp little nails but not to extremely long yet. At what age did you start trimming nails?

I've had guinea pigs in the past so I know how to trim them and i'm not nervous about it. I just don't want scare them anymore if it's not really needed yet.

You start trimming once the baby nails start growing out and are long enough to have just the very sharp tips cut. The age baby nails start growing can vary invidually from 3-4 months to up to 6-10 months.

What you can do now, is getting your babies accustomed to having their feet and toes touched and manipulated when you handle them, as well as getting them used to a syringe filled with water or water flavoured with a little fruit juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back