Tiny hutch and cages

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the size on the first one? Looks small but if you stripped it down and gave it another paint over it may be good for something (not pigs though) I'm all for recycling.

Louise
:)

Hmm ok for one big but would be lonely. I've housed 2 in a Nero 3 before but that is almost 4 foot and once they are bigger there is no way it can be done comfortably.

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
What is the size on the first one? Looks small but if you stripped it down and gave it another paint over it may be good for something (not pigs though) I'm all for recycling.

Louise
Looks fit for the tip that one xx0 burning it would be better I am all for recycling but that one is one of the worst ones I have ever seen. My outdoor hutch had stood empty for quite a few years before we revamped it it was no where near that state. Think of al the possiable disiase that could be in that hutch xx0

Thats true Pumpkin, didn't think of the inside. There was one like that by me it was 6ft and I thought oooo think of all the pigs I could house in that! I scrub my Lavander Lodges but maybe in that state its beyond help! :)

It is very worrying that a "rescue" would house a rabbits/guinea pigs in such small accomodation :o

x Mary n Midge x said:
It is very worrying that a "rescue" would house a rabbits/guinea pigs in such small accomodation :o
EXACTLY my point :o :o

Pumpkinpiggie said:
SunshineAndTwinkle said:

Louise
Looks fit for the tip that one xx0 burning it would be better I am all for recycling but that one is one of the worst ones I have ever seen. My outdoor hutch had stood empty for quite a few years before we revamped it it was no where near that state. Think of al the possiable disiase that could be in that hutch xx0

Thats just what i thought it wants burning and all the others round it that you can see in the picture. No care has been given to those hutches at all. Look at the felt on them its not even fitted properly. I feel ill looking at them and the thought of poor little piggies in that dump is awful.

I have actually seen worse though on ebay how people have the cheek to try and sell them on is unreal. One of those cages mentioned above has not even been cleaned out before they have taken the picture. :tickedoff:

i feel soo sorry for the piggies that live there. from the photos that looks appauling for a rescue :'(

is it me or does that 2nd cage look a lot like a hamster cage ?

The 3rd pic looks like a cage i had; i used it as a hospital cage for 1 piggy & as a "drying off" cage for 2 piggies overnight. I thought it too small for 1 piggy when i'd added the shelter etc

I wouldn't put one piggy in the blue one let alone 4. Nice that they didn't bother to clean off the urine stains before they took the photos!

When I am cleaning out my cages I put my pigs 2 at a time in a Nero 3, just until the C&C is ready! I fought with pee stains on my hutch and won in the end. I bet this rescue place is a general one for all animals so they do not know the basic requirements. Of course, that is no excuse but I've found this a few times. Guinea resuces would know but a rescue that takes in a large assortment of animals aren't too sure. I've e-mailed a few when I have found them mixing rabbits with pigs.

Although they should know! it's just sloppiness on their part!

Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back