Timothyhay.co.uk soft cut

rp1993

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Does anyone use timothyhay.co.uk soft cut Timothy hay? And would you be so kind as to send me a little sample (I will of course pay for it)

Panko seems to be a bit fussy, i not iced he didn’t eat lots when he was living as a neighbour and I had hoped that bonding them he would copy Pringle and eat more, but he has lost a bit of weight (although poops look okay) and so I want to try and find him some hay that he likes!

At the moment they have the orcahrd hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they have sweet green from natures own.

I’ve ordered some samples from hayday and happy hay co cut timothyhay.co.uk won’t send me a sample on its own it has to be with a box (which sort of defeats the purpose!)

I would order hay box but the last box we had from them came with some free biscuit beetles so I’d rather not!

I think he will like a softer hay as the orchard this time of year is a little more stalky.

Have you tried contacting the company directly? They may send you a taster.
I think haybox do samples.

I have if you read my post I say that and also say why I don’t want hay box

Haybox does a sample pack of three or four types of hay.

Just to let you know that I had a problem with switching from haybox Timothy mix ( half stalky Timothy and half soft Timothy) to the soft Timothy and it caused soft poo ( bad enough to go to the vet as it wouldn't go away) until I switched back to the mixed Timothy. So watch out for that

Edit sorry just seen your note that you don't want haybox. But still bear in mind the caution about soft Timothy

Haybox does a sample pack of three or four types of hay.

Just to let you know that I had a problem with switching from haybox Timothy mix ( half stalky Timothy and half soft Timothy) to the soft Timothy and it caused soft poo ( bad enough to go to the vet as it wouldn't go away) until I switched back to the mixed Timothy. So watch out for that

Edit sorry just seen your note that you don't want haybox. But still bear in mind the caution about soft Timothy
I don’t use Timothy at the moment I use orchard which is softer in general. None of my boys have ever eaten stalky hay it’s always left behind and goes in the bin .

I'm hovering around the Timothy hay co soft timothy or trying their Ings. Not sure what to do as I had problems with the Hay Box soft causing soft poop and overweight. Vet says it's too rich. The TH.co soft timothy looks more like proper dry hay though rather than oily.

It’s so hard to know what’s best isn’t it! At the moment I just see him picking at it not like Pringle who really tucks in. TH looks lovely on the photo I just wish I could get a little sample as 8.5kg is a lot to get through and store for us (and I could be very allergic to it!)

I would've sent you a sample of the soft Timothy but unfortunately this time I ordered some meadow hay from an independent company on Amazon for a change.My lot do loft the soft cut Timothy from Timothy hay.co.uk.

My OH is more allergic to TH than meadow which is why I was wondering about the Ings. I like to give them something a bit harder than meadow but not as stalky as the really stalky TH. We are currently trialling Hay and Straw Timothy and Rye 4 out of the 6 like it but one cage it's hardly touched! Hay causes me more problems than anything, my old boys used to eat any hay but the newbies seem fussy. I've tried just leaving it and they eat what they get but then I worry they aren't eating enough. :hb:

I’ve have also been super allergic to Timothy but my allergies changed after o had covid, and I don’t spend all day every day in the flat now so I’m going to risk it! I’ll have a look at hay and straw if neither of these samples work out, you would hope they would just eat it if they were hungry but I’m not 100% sure in that 😂

I’ve just ordered some meadow hay and some Timothy & rye hay from the Hay and Straw Company.
When it arrives I’ll happily send Panko some samples.
Mine loved the first lot of hays I ordered and postage is free.

I’ve just ordered some meadow hay and some Timothy & rye hay from the Hay and Straw Company.
When it arrives I’ll happily send Panko some samples.
Mine loved the first lot of hays I ordered and postage is free.
Thank you! Let me know when it comes!

I'm using g soft timothy hay from Timothyhay.uk..its very green and soft,I use it as treat hay.
I can post you some if you pm your address its lovely.i also have the Orchard grass if you want me to send some.

I'm using g soft timothy hay from Timothyhay.uk..its very green and soft,I use it as treat hay.
I can post you some if you pm your address its lovely.i also have the Orchard grass if you want me to send some.
Thank you Eileen, another member has already offered to send me some, the orchard is what I feed them at the moment but fussy Panko doesn’t seem to like it!

Our happy hay co and TH.co.uk samples arrived today, panko loved the oat hay from happy hay co which I have given as a treat previously, not bothered by the Timothy hay from TH.co.uk but I’ve just given them the meadow hay from happy hay co and he tucked straight in (as did Pringle) this would be good news as I am far less allergic to meadow hay 😂

Are they properly soft? I have been getting haybox but recently the soft cut hasn't been so good.

My hay order arrived today.
If you still want samples sent I offer meadow hay and a Timothy & rye hay.
If you would like some pm me your address and I will pop it in the post

Are they properly soft? I have been getting haybox but recently the soft cut hasn't been so good.
The TH.co.uk soft cut it pretty soft! And the meadow hay is from happy hay co, I haven’t looked at the happy hay co Timothy yet though

My hay order arrived today.
If you still want samples sent I offer meadow hay and a Timothy & rye hay.
If you would like some pm me your address and I will pop it in the post
Thank you, I think the reaction the meadow hay from happy hay co got that is the winner they both really got stuck in!

I just put the remained happy hay co samples in, rye, Timothy and orchard, panko sniffed them all and decided the rye was also okay, this pig is a fussy boy! IMG_3230.webp

The goblins agree with Panko on the oat hay, they'd eat it all day if they could (and are quite miffed they can't, lol). Here's hoping they're happy to stick with the meadow hay and don't decide it's poisonous halfway through the next box.

The goblins agree with Panko on the oat hay, they'd eat it all day if they could (and are quite miffed they can't, lol). Here's hoping they're happy to stick with the meadow hay and don't decide it's poisonous halfway through the next box.
They better not! 2 bedroom flats are not the place to be storing multiple boxes of hay 😂😂

Back