Timothy tops

The seed heads are a delicacy if you’re a piggy!

Not one of my six animals (four piggies and two rabbits) will eat stalky Timothy hay though and all they did was bite the seed heads off and leave every single stalk untouched. I never bothered with stalky timothy again. I use meadow and orchard mixed together.

It’s great that they love the tops but as Piggies&buns says they do leave a lot of the stalks too. I feed Timothy blend from haybox and local meadow hay. You have to find the type they like the best.

It’s great that they love the tops but as Piggies&buns says they do leave a lot of the stalks too. I feed Timothy blend from haybox and local meadow hay. You have to find the type they like the best.
They are fussy little critters. Yup I looked in their cages and only the stalks are there🤣🤣

Aye, I have the weird guinea pigs that love stalky hay and the only other hay they enjoy is orchard hay. They won't touch meadow and they grumble at rye.

But I at least know what they'll eat. Much easier to procure stalky timothy hay than trying to find a single mix or blend they'll eat.

Aye, I have the weird guinea pigs that love stalky hay and the only other hay they enjoy is orchard hay. They won't touch meadow and they grumble at rye.

But I at least know what they'll eat. Much easier to procure stalky timothy hay than trying to find a single mix or blend they'll eat.
Their main hay is orchard hay but I figured I would let them have two types. Live and learn eh🤣

Back