• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Timid piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My most timid piggy has been worrying me lately :'(
I noticed her sitting and staring into space, so i had her in my lap and gave her a once over. I can see nothing wrong with her, although if i stretch her legs out behind her she just lays there with her legs out straight. Where as all my other piggys will pull their legs back to a normal standing position.
She is eating, pooing, weeing walking normally and is fully mobile.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
She is a little clumsy and skittish so i am starting to think that there may be a neurological problem? :'(

oooh ? maybe she just likes relaxing more than the others and is more relaxed on you but you said shes timid so maybe shes more frightened than the others and darnt move much but hey id still get another opinion and maybe just give the vets a quick ring maybe tomorow and explain the situation then 0:) hope shes all ok though ;)

She was recentley thoroughly checked over by the vet although i hadn't noticed this problem before then.
I will pop her back at some point this week just to check....

Oh right really ? I'm am clueless then really as she may just be more relaxed or more afraid to move :-\ sorry cant help much :) some people might explain to you what it could possibly be later on O0

Thanks for your replies. It could be that she is just too scared to move, i adopted two sisters and they are both extremely timid. They were born at the RSPCA centre and i adopted them at 4 months and they had hardly been handled :-\

That certainly explains why then ::) bless them - where always here to help O0 if you have any more wuestions then just make a new thread or something but hope all piggies are fine :smitten:

When she just sits there, is she a bit 'wild eyed' where you can see whites on her eyes, breathing fast etc, it may be an indication if she is scared or not? As already mentioned, it may be because of lack of handling, poor wee thing, its a good thing they are in a loving home now. I understand your fear it may be neurological, I haven't a clue how they can test for those kinds of things, but I'm sure someone else might :) Hopefully it's just a case of needing loads of love and attention.

Well not really wild eyed but she is ready to leg it if you approach!
My piggies are handled daily and the two sisters have got a lot better but they still don't trust me 100%.
Its a shame that they didnt get the attention they needed in the centre, although they have a lot of piggies and i can understand they don't have the time/staff :(

If it were a neurological problem then she would probably be unbalanced when walking, possibly going round in circles, holding her head at a tilt, falling or tripping over - if any of these symptoms sound familiar then get her to the Vet ASAP. I had a Sheltie sow who had a stroke and much to the Vet's amazement she recovered well and lived a few more years. However he did say if I'd left it another day before taking her to him then the damage would have been too severe, and she almost certainly wouldl not have survived.

I'm really hoping this is not the case with your little one. Good luck O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back