• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

tilted head

• Thread starter Thread starter katblack77
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katblack77

I got eddie treated with anti bi's two weeks ago as his head was tilted.The medications has not helped is there any other things that could be causing this?had a look around the internet but with no luck.

tilted head is often a genetic defect and stays like this :) I don't think that medication can correct it (forgive me, if I am wrong) :)

isn't it also refereed to as wire neck as well, i think Kellyandpigs is right it is genetic,

have u taken him back to the vets? my baby had a tilted head(well still does) the first time it happened he was put on baytril and improved, he had a number of infections but seemed to improve. weeks on he got a tilted head again and i got him straight to the vets he spent 5 weeks on baytril followed by metcam i think it was called.

this time it hasn't worked. baby does have genetic problems and is now tilted for good. i had to house him on his own as he loses his balance. he has learnt to cope great and gets floor time with buddy that was his cage mate. best to have the vet check him out for mites.

my boyfriend brought both my boys to the vet last night.She tried to look in his ear but eddie was havin none of it.So she said when he come in thursday to be neutered they will x ray him and have a good look when he is under.Very very nervous about operation. And they both have to stay over night, which will really stress them out.

goodluck katblack hope all goes well and that his ear problem can be solved. if it can't believe me they do still have a great life and adapt to the way they are, my baby is tilted, blind and cleft lip but is the funniest and a brilliant character and still the boss.

good luck ;) keep us updated any news you get might help me, my vets wouldn't xray or take it any further, but i do think mine is due to reoccurring infections and genetic.

Hi

Our boy Dylan has a head tilt and this was caused by a stroke whilst in Rescue through stress. Apparently sometimes within a few weeks they can get over it but Dylan hasn't and he's the sweetest, funniest, most affectionate, fearless and sociable little piggie ;D

Thanks everyone.Left eddie and kevin into the vets this morning, will know how they are doing at 4pm.Don't get them back until tomorrow. So worried, even had a wee cry in the car coming home...boyfriend looking at me funny. I think ppl don't understand how you can feel so much for your pets and the general welfare of all animals.

Good luck love, they should be fine, but don't blame you crying, i do the same thing all the time with Duke. I don't even leave him for his toofie trim now i insist that i make an appointment so that i get to see him real soon after it's done, then he can come to me for cuddles and i can hand feed him just like he loves it :)
I hope all goes well with them both :-* :-* Yeah tho you're right most people have no idea what you're going thru, that's why everyone here is fantastic and supportive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back