• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tiger( was Pop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok as from yest hes got a lump where his belly button is,he was only born last week and Ive no clue what it is,its kinda worrying too ,I'm taking him for a check up on weds when I take Cream to be denutted
to me it looks like a mini hernia,or I dont know if his belly button is infected maybe? its only pea sized at the mo and quite hardish

he seems fine in himself,diving around like a loon :(

My brown baby had this... it sort of looked like a birds tongue ;D

It was her umbelicle cord and it fell off when she was about a week old I think :)

ill try and get a pic,to feel it,its very hard underneath too :(

and like i said,the size of a pea,quite big

hmm... I have no idea :-\ I should have gotten a pic of my brown babies belly too :(

If it's like a little bobble under the skin it's an umbilical hernia. It's where the skin hasn't closed over & has allowed a bit of muscle thru' the skin. Can it be pressed back in? If not the chances are the skin has healed round it & all should be ok. 
If you're worried have your vet take a look, they're fairly easy to fix, they push the muscle back thru & stitch the stomach wall back together  :)

Niki said:
If it's like a little bobble under the skin it's an umbilical hernia. It's where the skin hasn't closed over & has allowed a bit of muscle thru' the skin. Can it be pressed back in? If not the chances are the skin has healed round it & all should be ok.
If you're worried have your vet take a look, they're fairly easy to fix, they push the muscle back thru & stitch the stomach wall back together :)

yup thats how it looks,ill try and push it back in gently but hes such a wriggler,ill still take him to a vet though,hopefully it wont cost too much to fix :-\

Sorry, missed this post. Good luck at the vets and let us know how it goes. O0

Awww poor little Tiger :'( :'( :'( give him a big gentle cuddle from me and a piggie kiss from Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Tiger sorry to hear about you not being sooo well, thanks to your mummy for texting us about your visit to the vets :(
grrrrrr >:( >:( >:(
It's ok mate, the meds will make you better :-* :-* :-*

the poor little guys got an abcess on his belly button,thank god it wasnt a hernia

anyway they drained a lot off and hes on Baytril so hopefully itll work,it sucks that hes got this at only a few days old :(

hes eating well and crashing around his mum and siblings,lol

Sorry to hear this. I am sure he will make a full recovery soon. O0 How long has he got to stay on Baytril? :)

Cavy Crazy said:
Sorry to hear this. I am sure he will make a full recovery soon. O0 How long has he got to stay on Baytril? :)

well hes back at the vets friday for a check up so ill see what they say

His abcess has gone right down,hes just been popcorning and landing on his mum ::)

she sits there like " wtf just landed on me"

Puggies Rule said:
His abcess has gone right down,hes just been popcorning and landing on his mum ::)

she sits there like " wtf just landed on me"

;D That's brilliant news, keep us updated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back