• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tic? =/

• Thread starter Thread starter Liquorice Dimension
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liquorice Dimension

Hi guys,

I may be panicking about nothing, but I just noticed on my sow Eevie that she has two finger-like grey/black... things poking out of her. One of them in particular is making the skin around it look red. It is in her hip joint near her belly, one on ech leg pretty similar. I did a once over of Avril but didn't notice anything on her.

At first I thought it was maybe a bit of piggy poo stuck to her, but it's actually physically attached. It looks more like a tic, but is soft when you touch it. My boyfriend suggested it was nipples, lol.

Anyone know what it is? Or would I be best taking her to the vet?

Thanks for your help!
Angelina

It does sound like a tic when it's small, before it's full. Not being funny but presumably it's definitely not ingrowing hairs or anything like that? I didn't know guineas could get tics but I suppose they can. I have a tic remover for my dogs but wouldn't recommend using it on a guinea, their skin would be too delicate. You could try phoning the vets and ask if you can apply anything to kill it?

Are you able to post a picture or is it too tiny.

eww i thought they were a sort of creamy colour,the one dilldog had looked like a kernel off corn on the cob, learn something new every day ;D

When they're full of blood they go lighter in colour, sort of grey.

Lovely eh! (especially when they drop off and you tread on them) :o

Are you sure it isnt her nipples? pigs nipples are quite long really lol! Check her others to see if they're the same! xx

I think we need a more accurate description here! I read it as there being 2 bits coming out of the same place but did you mean 2 bits, one each side? If so, then yes like jnenbnb says, may be nipples.

You say they are in the hip joint near the belly.This is where the nipples are,but you mention they are on the legs?.Can you tell us exactly where they are or better still send a pic.If it is nipples I am a bit concerned about the redness you mention.Is the area under the "nipple" or whatever,swollen?.Nipples are situated over glands so any inflammation or swelling under or around them needs to be checked by a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back