• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tia and Maria

• Thread starter Thread starter gothchick1515
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

Tia and Maria are coming up 3 and i dont no if this is a health or behaviour hting but they are really skinny. they eat like horses but dont put on any weight? also they wont share a pigloo with harry or each other just wondering if the age has anything to do with the weight and dominance, they are fine in themselves i cant see whats wrong

Regarding the house thing; when i had two, they very rarely shared a house (only when it was cold). They didn't fight, just preffered to be seperate.

they are always a bit thin but they eat for england so its so confusing cos harry eats the same and hes a fatty! i havent had sows before and wondered if their matabolizim is different?

Do you weigh them regularly? If not, I would perhaps start so you can see whether their weight is changing at all? If they are losing weight then I would say that a vet trip is a must. I have 3 sows - all are absolute pigs with their food and are all steadily gaining weight as they are still young and growing. I have only ever had sows and all have been a good size. My elderly sow who passed away last year did get skinny as she got older but she had cancer so it was a bit different.

If you are worried, perhaps you could take them to the vet for an MOT just to make sure nothing is going on?

In regards to your to other question about sharing pigloos - 2 of my girls are sisters and you can tell they have a strong bond but even so they like to have their own hidey holes :D

They get weighed now and then i just forget to do it, they have both been to the vets and the vet sed they where ok i dont wanna keep goin back incase they think I'm silly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back