Thunder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

I was listening to the weather forecast and there is supposed to be thunder. It is lashing rain here in Ireland at the moment and it looks like there will be thunder but don't know about lightning. My guinea pigs live in a shed and I'm worried about them. There is no way that I bring them inside, but I wish I could. The shed is sheltered from wind and rain but you can still here the thunder should I just leave them or is there something that can calm them down.

I'm sure they'll be fine. Mine are indoor piggies and have to put up with a very noisy house. I'm a childminder and usually have 3 children under three all day. They are in the same room. We also have a very loud dog and the piggies also have to put up with a twice daily hoover of their fleece.

Mine are indoors but whenever we have had a bit of thunder they haven't batted an eyelid, I don't think it bothers them like it does some dogs x

I tend to find if you put lots of hay in for them to munch on and snuggle up in they cope pretty well with most things :). My lot arent bothered by loud sounds, the hoover, fireworks, building work etc....but sneezes and hiccups are a whole different story!

i have found after the horrendous storm that just hit, they aren't afraid of the noise, they are afraid of the loss of the sun even when they don't see it much. i put a LED candle on top of their cage, made them much happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back