Thoughts... Get The One Then Bond Him With Another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squigglies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I introduced my self the other day and have since found a boy to rescue from a centre more local to my area. He is on his own and very cute. So any thoughts on rehoming him and when settled (or earlier) find him a friend?! undecisive on the idea as wouldnt really want to end up in situation of them fighting. hes over 1 and been neutered.
Also i have found a good majoritory of piggies on their own that need rehoming...but they have stated if they could be bonded.
Thanks

If he's neutered then you can adopt a girl to live with him, that makes everything a lot simpler. Neutered boy/girl pairs usually work out well.

Do the rescue offer boar dating were he can be tried with other boars to see which one he gels with?

without looking it was either rspca or bluecross. the centre near me only had one other boar up for rehoming. only guessing but dont think they do 'dating'! I'm just reading up about bonding before i go ahead and fill in form.

Please enquire whether he is neutered so he can live with a sow or two, which you could source from one of our recommended rescues which offer bonding at the rescue, so you can be sure that he is accepted by the girls. I think that the RSPCA has now got a general boar neutering policy as many branches don't have the knowledge to bond, so it very likely that he is.

it does say hes been neuteres. thanks all for your thoughts and wiebke i managed to get on the rehome locator!

I know the blue cross in burford don't neuter. That's where I got my first 2 boys from. Also that blue cross keeps piggys on straw and tells you to do the same, which is wrong and my boy both had very bad health problems. Sadly they both die. My vet phoned the blue cross and complained. Because he said they should of easily noticed they were so ill.

If it's RSPCA they probably have neutered, but if you want to be completely sure if you adopt him, then personally I would take him to your vet for a generally health check before getting him a friend, then ask the vet to check he definitely has his his bits missing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back