• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Those dam teeth again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Duke's teeth are causing him problems again :(
I had a hint on the weekend but as it was sooo hot i thought it was that. But last night he dribbled so much when i fed him the CC and this morning he had a wet chin and had that weird smell, sort of like vinegar, so i've phone the vets but can't get in till tomorrow morning.
I will probably take tomorrow off or see if Scott can help as it's his day off.
I feel so frustrated as you know it's on going, at least this time he lasted 4 weeks. Poor little man i weighed him this morning and he's only 618 grams i just hope he can cope with the tooth trimming again as it always takes him many days to adjust.
So keep your paws and fingers crossed for our little man wednesday 10am our time here.

oh no, darling, I'm so sorry. Poor Duke. Everything here is crossed and I know all his friends round the world will be the same.

Loads of good luck, Duke, from all of us xxxxxx

I've been there too and it is pure agony. I remember pleading and begging Doctor to just eat a tiny mouthful. Makes me cry still twelve months later.

:-* :-* :-* for Duke

Glynis you poor love, we all know what you're going through my love, and all here for you.

Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

awww poor Duke hope it goes well for you both I know how awlful piggys teeth problems are and am preying he is going to be jsut fine, chin up sweetheart he will be a strong brave boy for his mummy for Duke :-*

Chin up Glynis

I too have felt all the emotions that you are feeling. 4 weeks is as long as Billie lasted between trims.
I feel for you and am sending you as many positive thoughts as i can

Go DUKE! Be a strong boy for your mummy :-*

I'm leaving for the vets in about 1/2 hour thought i'd just pop on to see how everyone else is.
He finally decided to eat a minute amount of food during the night cause when i got up at 2.30 to check on him he'd nibbled so i went back upstairs and cut up more food. He didn't really touch that but he at least came out this morning and greeted me with that beautiful nose and eyes looking at me :-* He had his CC and a mushy of fruits i also syringe fed so we'll see how we go at the vets.

Speak to you all later, i'm sorry but by the time i get to work you'll all be tucked up in bed, maybe not Lucinda tho ;)

I'll try to be here :)

Love to you and Duke. You must be at the vets now. :(

Ok came home very very groggy normal vet not there as he had an emergency but the lady vet was gorgeous with Duke.
The assistant told me how she kept on apologizing to Duke whilst he was asleep :-*
His dam left molar was grown right over again, so trimmed back 30 deg angle again. Asked for his incisors to be left a little longer than normal so he can still pick up his food properly and that's a big plus for him. He couldn't manage his full feeds so i was doing 1/2 feeds of CC up until 10.30 last night, poor little guy he was buggered. He nibbled on a tiny bit of leafy vegs during night so early morning i was up cutting up more for him.
This morning he was able to eat the full CC breakfast and his pureed fruits and then when i popped him back into his cage he ate a little leafy veg as well.
The vets think it's still worth it with him as he's still got the Duke attitude and he looks fine bright eyed and coat still shiny.
I daren't let Allan know what he's worth now, he'd have a fit ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i've spent mega bucks on this boy but i don't care :-*
Anyway Duke is sending lots of kisses to you all and he says WHEEK WHEEK THANKYOU :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

aaah, wheek wheek back to darling Duke, from me, Riffy, Scarby, Rocky and Angel-Doctor xxxxx

Glad he is ok - he will bounce back today I'm sure :)

WHEEK WHEEK DUKE :)

dont blame you for spending your money on Duke they are so worth it to us, the vet sounds wonderful hope hes eating like mad today and hes feeling much better wish their teeth didn't grow like they do but theres nothing we can do about it except keeping them trimmed , give Duke a kiss for me :-* and wheak wheak from my gang , you're doing great sweetheart , Dukes a lucky pig to have a mummy like you :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back