This is Henry Todde aka Toddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have ALWAYS wanted a black piggie & when i saw the lovely Henry at Kate's (Cornflower Cavies) needed a home i could not resist.
Kate had named him Henry, which so suits him but i wanted to add my own bit.
Todde is old english for Fox (his breed) hence Henry Todde, affectionately known as Toddie.
He was a bit of a bully with his previous cage-mate so he's living alone at the mo but has Wilbur next door to chat to.
Thank you so very much Kate for allowing me to adopt him, i am in love :smitten: :smitten:
Anways enough of the talk here he is...........

Posing nicely
Toddie0257.7.jpg

Having a sniff
Toddie1257.7.jpg

To the left a bit mum
Toddie4257.7.jpg

And showing off his beautiful belly, looking coy
Toddie2257.7.jpg

Toddie3257.7.jpg

Awwww

He is a lovely lad Niki and I know he will have a wonderful life with you!

It was great to see you today - thanks for all the laughs!

starshine said:
Awwww

He is a lovely lad Niki and I know he will have a wonderful life with you!

It was great to see you today - thanks for all the laughs!

It was lovely to see you too O0 He's so lovely bless him :smitten:
He's in his indoor home at the mo, don't think he's impressed ;D

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He's so lovely. What a tummy :) And huge eyes.

Congratulations Niki - you're made for each other :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lucinda said:
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

He's so lovely. What a tummy :) And huge eyes.

Congratulations Niki - you're made for each other :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Lucinda :)

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: hellooooooooooo handsome fella

aww Niki you said he was stunning, what a gorgeous guy, and those eyes they're HUGE :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
LOL that round belly don't you just wanna scratch it ? ;D ;D ;D
What a lovely mixture of black and the grey beard and grey belly :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

PIGGIE LIPS ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-* :-* :-* :-*

Welcome HT i hope you get on well with your next door neighbour the lovely Wilbur, loves from us in OZ, Glynis and Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oooh you lucky lucky person - I am so jealous you got him! I've always fancied a fox, I like either the silver fox or even a black tan. I love the name too.

Oh wow he is such a handsome fella :smitten: :smitten: Lucky you O0 O0

awwww i lurv the one of his tummy! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: i looove piggies podgy little tummys :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

What a lovely fellow! I've never seen a piggy with a different coloured tum before!
Did you know that black piggies are supposed to be lucky? I forget what country, I think its S.America.. read it on the internet!

cavy love said:
awwww i lurv the one of his tummy! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: i looove piggies podgy little tummys :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

katiep said:
What a lovely fellow! I've never seen a piggy with a different coloured tum before!
Did you know that black piggies are supposed to be lucky? I forget what country, I think its S.America.. read it on the internet!

Thank you :) No i didn't know black piggies are supposed to be lucky, i'll let you know if i win the lottery ;D ;D

"Folklore traditions involving guinea pigs are numerous; they are exchanged as gifts, used in customary social and religious ceremonies, and are frequently referenced in spoken metaphors.[7] They also play a role in traditional healing rituals by folk doctors, or curanderos, who use the animals to diagnose diseases such as jaundice, rheumatism, arthritis, and typhus.[8] They are rubbed against the bodies of the sick, and are seen as a supernatural medium.[9] The animal may also be cut open and its entrails examined to determine whether or not the cure was effective.[10] These methods are widely accepted in many parts of the Andes, where Western medicine is either unavailable or distrusted. " :(
"Among the Quechuas, black guinea pigs are considered especially useful for diagnoses by folk doctors.[2"

Poor piggies!

"At this time the guinea pig also played the role of the evil spirit collector in traditional healing rituals. In Andean medicine the guinea pig was rubbed over the body of a sick patient, and when it started squeaking they believed it had identified the affected area! Black guinea pigs were considered especially holy, as in the wild black is the rarest colour, most wild guinea pigs are brown or grey, similar to the agouti colour we see today."

So you have a potential holy healer there!

Aww, he's a real beauty, I'd never seen a piggie with a different coloured tum before! He's a lucky boy to have found such a great home :)

katiep said:
"At this time the guinea pig also played the role of the evil spirit collector in traditional healing rituals. In Andean medicine the guinea pig was rubbed over the body of a sick patient, and when it started squeaking they believed it had identified the affected area! Black guinea pigs were considered especially holy, as in the wild black is the rarest colour, most wild guinea pigs are brown or grey, similar to the agouti colour we see today."

So you have a potential holy healer there!

A holy healer, i like it ;D

furryfriends said:
You have a very handsome little man there Niki :) I really love his tummy! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Has he settled in well now? He's going to have a lovely life with you! :smitten:

Thank you Debbie :) He's doing really well & is ever so cheeky. He's been out with the boys in the run today & was an 0:) :smitten:

Oh he's lovely! I love his silvery little belly - I just want to tickle it! Aw, he has lovely dewy eyes, too - a really handsome little boy!
:smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back