They Can't Really Have Floor Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCavySlave

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, our boys occupy basically the entire room they have, so run time would be like taking them from a field to a front garden, if you get my drift. Is floor time important? They have a very spacious cage so plenty of exercise, and no other room would be very convenient.

So, our boys occupy basically the entire room they have, so run time would be like taking them from a field to a front garden, if you get my drift. Is floor time important? They have a very spacious cage so plenty of exercise, and no other room would be very convenient.
Similar situation to mine. They only come out when i do a full clean and even then they try and get back in.

If they can run around in their living space, they don't need to go on the floor.

I think the whole point of floor time is to allow them more space to run around and stretch their legs. A change of scenery is also nice to help combat boredom. But space is the main reason. So if their room is already pretty large then I don't think additional floor time elsewhere is necessary.

We have a similar situation here.
The C&C is actually bigger than their floor time pen!
But I do still get them out for a change of scenery, and so I can clean the cage in peace.
But if yours have the run of a whole room, then they are already getting floor time.

Mine need extra space so I close off an area of the living room and let them run around while I change their cage. When Misty was alive, she would try to climb my leg after a little while because she wanted to go back...as soon as she passed over rainbow bridge, Clove did the same, really strange! They run around for a while and then hide...so I guess by then they have had enough exercise for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back