The Things We Do!

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
So here I am, staying up late after working last night and having had very little sleep today. Logic would have been to be in bed by now but I'm busy making stuff for the boys! Really?! I don't want anyone missing out so I'm making two at the same time. Hopefully I have enough fleece left. Pics later of completed items. if I have the energy I'll have a cuddle with them before bed.

image.webp

I know the feeling! Got a load more fabric today from Hobby Craft (had a 15% off voucher) and also got some from Ikea and I can't wait to get started on new piggy stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your finished items. have fun, the piggies will love it all I'm sure :D

IMG_3469.webp
Well it took them a short while to cotton on They smelt it and Fudge eventually went in. I'm a bit worried now though as Toffee just overturned it! It did end up hole facing out so he can get out. But he seems to like it... Not sure I like it though, it's rather big. Would be better if the insides (wadding mainly) were hidden/covered somehow. And needs something firm to make it sturdy. I should have put some cardboard in the insert. Or I could have secured it to the cage.

I cut out what I need for a cube. Will make it and see how I like it though it's looking to be massive as well! I'll know what to (not) do next time at least

I'm off to bed, shattered!

I love that log you made! Could you put another couple of holes in it in different places so that if one is covered the there is another escape route? And you could line it too? I am completely useless with a sewing machine!

I could @Betsy but don't know if I'll be making it again. I'm thinking the cube cozy will turn out huge as well since it's a 12" square. Hmmm...

I made the cube, it came out quite big but my Eva loves it. All the stuff I've made is quite a good size but it's all in 5x2 C&C cages so there is plenty of room :)

Before you make it couldn't you just cut the pieces a bit smaller? @Siikibam
I could do. Or I'll do a large seam allowancw then can cut it down. It's a lot of bits to cut.......

I made the cube, it came out quite big but my Eva loves it. All the stuff I've made is quite a good size but it's all in 5x2 C&C cages so there is plenty of room :)
Good point the other thing is i want two of everything so there's less chance of squabbling.

Good point the other thing is i want two of everything so there's less chance of squabbling.

That's what I'm doing! Just made 2 cuddle cups. 2 more to go... then hay bags, tunnels, hammocks and fleece forests :help:

My machine wont go through two layers of fleece and a middle layer. Annoying.

My machine wont go through two layers of fleece and a middle layer. Annoying.

That is annoying. I have broken a couple of needles trying to go though too many layers too fast but generally, it does very well and is only a cheap machine from Argos.

You have really got to grips with your sewing machine @Eileen's Mum. Will you go on to sell any? Me? I'm useless with a sewing machine!

I'm loving it. Just about to update my thread with my latest creations :)

I wouldn't sell any, I'm not neat enough. It's fine for me and the piggies but not good enough to sell.

That is annoying. I have broken a couple of needles trying to go though too many layers too fast but generally, it does very well and is only a cheap machine from Argos.

I'm loving it. Just about to update my thread with my latest creations :)

I wouldn't sell any, I'm not neat enough. It's fine for me and the piggies but not good enough to sell.
I'm sure they are great! :D

:D:D:DI'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with our little friends.

I made a tunnel and cube a couple of days ago (with the help of my 10 year old son, who loved the sewing machine!) they do come out big, but plenty o growin room for our boys as they're only 12 weeks

Going to make my own fleece liners soon, just looking for the best place to buy the mattress topper from (I think that's what I need ):D

Xx

Try a needle designed for leather.
They are usually a bit thicker and seem to cope better with multiple layers of fleece.

They look amazing!

I think if I make another cube I'm only going to cut 1 hole. I've turned mine over so one hole is on the floor covered by the cushion. Eva seems to prefer it more private :lol!:

Thanks, they're no too bad from a distance:lol!:

That's a great idea, as the corner where the 2 holes are doesn't have as much support, so 1 hole would also make it more sturdy. I'm stealing that idea for my next one :yahoo:

X

That's what I'm doing! Just made 2 cuddle cups. 2 more to go... then hay bags, tunnels, hammocks and fleece forests :help:
Ooh check you Your pigs will be so happy!

They look good @2newfriends i think a tunnel needs to be next on my list.

They look amazing!

I think if I make another cube I'm only going to cut 1 hole. I've turned mine over so one hole is on the floor covered by the cushion. Eva seems to prefer it more private :lol!:
I'll steal this idea when I make it.

Today I made cuddle sacks (in the background). When I put them in they smelt them and bit but didn't seem to like. Fudge went in but backed out again I eventually got them to go all the way in and carried them in those while I walked around doing some things Toffee climbed out when I was sat and went to bother his brother, poor thing! They seem to prefer their corner cozy though so I may relegate these to the scrap heap. What I like is all seams are hidden. But I think I should have made it wide. I'll know what to do next time anyway.IMG_3477.webp
Toffee stretched out at one point and fudge was falling asleep until my husband walked in

Back