• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

The Saga Continues...

• Thread starter Thread starter EmmaJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EmmaJ

I haven't been online all week as have been so busy, not least with the guinea pigs. Desmond is making a slow recovery from his infection after neutering. We went to the vet this morning for the 4th time in a week. The vet seemed to think he was getting better. I took Dexter along for his check-up too. Dexter has started smelling really badly in the last few days which was strange as he is so clean and I clean the cage every day.
Turns out he smells because he has got a urinary tract infection! So now he is on Baytril too! The vet said this is unrelated to his operation but I can't see how else he has gotten it. How do pigs get such infections?
I am NEVER having any pigs neutred again. Too much stress. :(

You poor loves.

Infections can occur more when the piggy is/has been a little unwell before. A little bit of stress can sometimes trigger illnesses off. Other timess, it just happens

Agree, sorry you are going through a bit of a rough patch with guineas, they will be back to normal in no time. O0

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time of it with your piggies :( :( :(

Crossing our paws for you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh you poor thing...it never rains but it pours. Fingers x they both get well soon O0

Thanks everyone. The boys have both perked up a little bit but they are still not their normal cheeky selves. This could be due to a personality change after neutering tough rather than being off colour. I feel so mean forcing them to have their baytril as they clearly don't like it! Hopefully in a couple of weeks they can be introduced to their girlfriends and it will all be worth it.

Once they have their girls they will perk up and will be back to normal in no time. Keep us updated. O0

Once they have their girls they will perk up and will be back to normal in no time.

Are you kidding? It will be 'balls, what balls? Come on layyydees' ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back