The right Wire Mesh for an outdoor run

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was just about to order the mesh for the new run and I had thought I would double check before I did.

I want mesh with very high resistance to attack from foxes, squirrels etc so had the below in mind:

16g (1.6mm) welded, galvansed mesh. 1/2' x 1/2' squares.

This should be enough to resist even the most determined attack from a fox.

However for two reasons I am considering a slight change to.

16g (1.6mm) welded, galvansed mesh. 1' x 1/2' squares.

This is the same mesh, but with 1 inch by 1/2 inch holes, rather than 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch.

Obviously this offers slightly less protection. However perhaps still enough. Can anyone here let me know if they think this will provide adequate protection?

Many thanks

David

Forget it. I ordered the 1/2 x 1/2 stuff. Don't want to take any chances. This stuff will keep those pesky foxes right out!

Just seen this. I think you made the right choice. Always better to be extra safe. Good luck with the construction. x

That looks very sturdy. Looking forward to pictures when you're done. :)

Started on the frame today. But I didn't start long before it went dark and was working slowly since I just had knee surgery. So didn't get much done. However I will get the frame finished tomorrow.

Yes, I will be taking pictures, starting with photographing yesterdays work tommorow before I start. I'll photograph the space it will be occupying too.

I will have leftover mesh too. So will be using that to enclose my guinea pig food trays so they can actually grow before the birds get them!

Growing grasses, wild flowers and other goodies. All safe and good to eat of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back