The problem of my C&C Cage =(

• Thread starter Thread starter Skydreamie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skydreamie

Hiye all!

May i ask all of u who own C&C cages... what do u all used as beddings? Fleece? Issit cotton material and how often u clean those? of its cotton material, what if they peepee on it? =(
As i keep my cage in my room, i doesn't reallie wan my room to have any smell.

I used to be using the paper beddings but its like SooOoo expensive. Within 2 weeks i spent $30 of beddings! bleah... and its making my room dusty too. :( making me sneezing non stop~

So to save costs and also to make us stop the sneezing, i didn't put beddings all around the 2x4 cage anymore~ i only put the beddings at 1 corner which is beside the litter pan and newspaper below their house.
But Sugar is always chewing on the newspaper =( making the whole cage a mess.

Sugar and coffee is separated.. doesn't have much problem with Coffee because she's rather a clean girl and poo/pee around the right places.

My problem is... any other alternative beddings which is easy to clean and doesn't cause me to sneeze? And for some ppl who put hays as beddings... what if they pee on the hay and eat it? I heard that moist hays isn't so good for their health?

I have been trying ways and means to toilet train my Sugar and Coffeee.. but it seems that Sugar got a personality that he can't be toilet trained :-\ :-\ he jus pee pee everywhere!
Sigh.. so his "side" of the cage is like so... messy =(
so much peepee that the beddings can't tolerate~ got broken down.

And if i'm trying to show my unhappiness to the piggies.. how do i do it? i know we can't train them like doggies or kitties.. hmmm, but is there any way?
Thanks thanks =)

And oh you, it seems that some pee/poop goes to the bottom my choroplast.. maybe its time to make another new cage boohoo =(

how long does an C&C cage last? and if we got a c&C cage, do we still need to give them play pen time?

Thanks thanks all!

Fleece is made from polyester so urine doesn't soak into the fabric, it goes straight through to something underneath like newspaper. My fleece gets washed once a week but swept daily. I also have an area with litter (megazorb, it's like carefresh) that they do most of their peeing in - it's simple enough to put litter in the area they pee in most often. Hay is fine but it needs to be cleaned regularly.

If you look after your C&C cage it should last you indefinitely. I've redone mine twice but only to make it bigger, not because there was anything wrong with it. My piggies still get floor time.

Thanks DSL!

Yuppp i just did my reading on the Fleece Project and i saw you posting there too! hahahahaa~ ok now i got better understanding about it and guess i shall import the fleece from UK or something. The only fleece i can find in Singapore is in Ikea, http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/product_display.asp?id=2504

can this be used?

As I'm now using cat litters as beddings, sometimes the pee got so much that the litters got broken down. Wouldn't it get stuck in the fleece?

Sadly, Sugar loves to pee/poop everywhere, i think I'm gonna give up and think it as his "habit" and personality hahahaah!

I think if you can get vetbed or profleece (it is designed for dogs but great for guineas pigs) it would be longer lasting than normal fleece. Have a look at some pet websites perhaps? I got mine on ebay :)

Hi Skydreamie,

with fleece you do not need to buy a special fleece. Any fleece blanket will do, just make sure you wash them a few times before using them. O0

vet bed is good at taking away moisture (like pee!) from it's surface, but I find hay gets stuck in it easily, so I would probably recommend just polyester fleece (like the one from ikea) up to you though :)

Whoaa Lavendarjade.. tat vetbed is definitely cool! hahahaha but importing it from UK to SG gonna cost a bomb =(

Yupp, oh you, so did u all wash the fleece in washing machine? Doesn't tat seems not so hygenic as the family clothes are also washing there?
I'm just afraid my mum would mind... so perhaps I'm gonna hand wash :o :o :o hope not~ LOL!

Brush the hay and poop off the fleece, then put the fleece in either a pillow case and tie the end up or in a single duvet cover and wash seperately O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back