The Pigs Have Moved House!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggy mum

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all

I moved house a couple of days ago and the pigs are in a 6x2 c&c now. They are extremely nervous (I knew they would be) but I'm concerned that the stress of moving could make them ill? Any pointers on early signs of stress related illnesses or tips that anyone could lend me would be great! I'm so worried about them getting poorly :(

As long as they are eating and drinking well I wouldn't worry. If the cage is much bigger they may feel a bit vulnerable so perhaps drape a fleece over part of it to give them some cover and make sure they have plenty of tubes or tunnels so they can get around without being totally exposed. Lucky piggies in a big cage.

The fleece cover over part of the cage has done wonders for my two. They also adore their fleece forest. Anything to hide away and feel safe in.

e9cif4.jpg

Not the neatest but they love it.

Once they have made their cage/liter tray/s nice and smelly they will feel more at ease. At least they have each other. Hope they settle soon and start to enjoy all that lovely sace.

Think I'll try the fleece over the cage it sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately they have already made a stink and gone through 2 cage liners :D lol

I will be moving house in a months time and have been worrying about how they will settle and will be using the towel/fleece covering trick but I'm sure the forum will be here to offer advice if I need it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back