The Piggies Have Landed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnycharlie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are now the proud owners of two adorable little piggies named Nyssa and Romana. Collected this evening and now happily exploring their new home. Lots of wheeking going on and a few little popcorn jumps. They have eaten some hay, some pepper, a green bean and cucumber. They seem quite relaxed and are currently chilling in their tunnel.

The light coloured one is Romana and the dark one, Nyssa.

image.webp

Last edited:
Ahhh new piggies... gorgeous.. x

Yay! Glad it went well and you have them home with you :) They are absolutely beautiful and it's great news that they are exploring and popcorning. It is common for new piggies to hide away for a few days, so it's lovely that yours are out and about and showing that they are happy with their new home.
Enjoy seeing their characters blossom :)

Congratulations! They are both gorgeous, so looking forward to seeing lots more of them. Mini pigs are so much fun!

Well, they have survived the night. Both looking just as fluffy this morning. All the veg has been nibbled and the pellets look like they have been rooted about in. The tunnel contains a million poos so I guess they spent the night in there! I thought they'd sleep in the igloo where I put a soft piece of fleece for them to snuggle. Maybe they would prefer a cuddle sack? The tunnel doesn't look very cosy to me!

They certainly are fluff balls. My children have collectively named them 'The Floofs'.

They discovered the seed tray filled with hay this morning and both jumped in and burrowed underneath. Nyssa is now asleep under the hay!

My girls got them out for a cuddle too. They are used to being handled so they weren't too phased. Big smiles all round. It's very satisfying cuddling a baby guinea pig. :-)

Perhaps they need to get used to the fleece.
My first piggy spent two years on wood shavings with hay. When she was passed on to me she came with her hutch, where she spent a week in our living room while I built her cage (for her and the companion I was to buy for her as soon as the cage was complete). When I put a fleece pillow into her sleeping area she wouldn't go on it, but hunched herself next to it as if to say "what's this thing doing filling up my bed area?" I actually had to pick her up in the end and place her on it, just to show her it was possible to be on there, and from then-on she loved her soft bedding, as well as her hay pile for sleeping on.
Sometimes they just need to get used to these new textures :)

Gorgeous photo of them. They do look confident :)

OR

It could be that they simply prefer a hidey with more than one entrance. Some do :) Perhaps try putting a box in with two holes and putting your fleece cushion in there for them... they may settle with two entrances.

Oh no! I have just looked at their nether regions and have a nasty suspicion that one of my girls is a boy....
It's the tiny dark one that is worrying me but its parts are very small and I am not sure. I am trying to get in touch with someone local who breeds guineas so he can take a look.

Is there anyone on here from the Waterlooville, Hampshire area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back