The Hay Shed (hays)

Spaniel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the meadow hay from here?

Looks like a fairly new hay box type company :)

I haven't tried the hay from there I'm afraid, but it looks quite a promising company. :)
Hopefully someone has tried it and can let us know what it is like. If not I might send for a sample, before our current hay starts to run low.
I've been changing back and forth between companies recently trying to find some good quality hay. I have just gone back to using Haybox, and both their Blend and Orchard have improved a lot since I last ordered something from them last year.

I thought I was settled on the meadow hays to get but then I see another new one and want to try it :))

I will probably try The Hay Shed in a week or so and update :)

I've just tried to look at The Hay Shed website but it no longer works. They have a FB account, do you know if they are only selling through that now? If so I can't buy from them as I can't sign in to FB they shut down my account because I didn't use it enough!
I've always bought Natures Own meadow hay but the last 2 deliveries I've had from them seem to be suffering from shrink inflation and the bags are split when they arrive which makes them difficult to store (behind the sofa!).

I've just tried to look at The Hay Shed website but it no longer works. They have a FB account, do you know if they are only selling through that now? If so I can't buy from them as I can't sign in to FB they shut down my account because I didn't use it enough!
I've always bought Natures Own meadow hay but the last 2 deliveries I've had from them seem to be suffering from shrink inflation and the bags are split when they arrive which makes them difficult to store (behind the sofa!).
I ordered through the website yesterday.

Nature’s Own is too hit and miss - when it’s short and fluffy it’s lovely but a lot of the bags were too chopped up and Lola was sneezing too much. It’s a shame because it smells lovely.

It's not been smelling so good recently! I've not had any problem with the meadow being chopped up, the last Sweet Green I had was very chopped and full of quite large sticks.
Strange about the Hay Shed website. I'm going away tomorrow I'll have a look again next week.

Are you still happy with the hay shed hay?
I need to order some hay today as I’m running low and I came across this one.

Has anyone else tried it? 😊

The hay i have had from Natures Own is always lovely. it can be a bit shorter as it gets towards the end of last seasons hay but the piggies don't seem to mind.

I second Nature's Own. I had a delivery yesterday and it's very green and sweet smelling. I think this must be a 2024 cut.

Oh, I binned a bag and a half of Nature’s Own.
I ordered 4 of the big bags because I saw lots of people recommending it I but it was a nightmare. It was way too short, and because my guinea pigs are in my bedroom it was EVERYWHERE. I kept trying to use it but it just wasn’t worth it 😆
It reminded me of the dust that’s normally at the bottom of a hay box 🫢

I ordered 4 of the big bags because I saw lots of people recommending it I but it was a nightmare. It was way too short, and because my guinea pigs are in my bedroom it was EVERYWHERE. I kept trying to use it but it just wasn’t worth it 😆
It's not normally like that!

It really isn't usually like that.
If you were not happy with it maybe you should have contacted Nature's Own. I once had a couple of bags full of thistles and they replaced it within 48 hours. They asked for the batch number from the bags too, so that they could check the rest of them. There customer service is very good.

No matter what i do my house is always full of hay. :lol:

It really isn't usually like that.
If you were not happy with it maybe you should have contacted Nature's Own. I once had a couple of bags full of thistles and they replaced it within 48 hours. They asked for the batch number from the bags too, so that they could check the rest of them. There customer service is very good.

No matter what i do my house is always full of hay. :lol:

I did contact them, I even sent them videos of the hay, they didn’t respond.

I always have lots of hay too as we get through it so quickly. I had about 5kg of meadow hay left so I ordered 10kg of a meadow/timothy mix from happy hay which arrived today, and yesterday I ordered 12kg from little hay co so I’ll have about 25kg of hay to store 😅
It seems crazy but I’d rather stock up than run out as pet shop hay can be very hit and miss.
I definitely want to try the hay shed soon as it looks like it’s good quality.

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with them. I've had a problem a couple of times with their hay and it has been replaced straight away. I have been ordering hay from them regularly now for 10 years and have found them more helpful and better quality than other's I have tried.

Are you still happy with the hay shed hay?
I need to order some hay today as I’m running low and I came across this one.

Has anyone else tried it? 😊
Sorry for the very late reply!

We’ve had a couple more boxes of The Hay Shed and it’s been fine. It’s a nice eating hay rather than a soft bedding type. We’ve switched to Pillow Wad as the soft bedding hay. Makes big, fluffy nests which my two love :)

Back