The Great Escape! - Fudge's Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

didipiggywiggly

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Having my two boys, toffee and Fudge for just a few months has brought great joys to my life. I cant think why we didn't have any when my two human boys were small , they are now 30yrs and 20 yrs and so having empty nest syndrome I am filling it with my Guinea piggies. They never ask for money, cheek me back or stay out half the night...
However, today Toffee pushed over the Playpen panel whilst I was out of the room and escaped out of it under the cabinet and boxes! - no amount of silly voices, handfuls of hay, titbits of cucumber could persuade him to relinquish his hiding place. Now at the age of 56yrs I felt very undignified sprawling on the floor arms under cabinets and bum in the air. A great panic was coming over me, I was worried Toffee would chew cables or worse get out of the room and encounter the dog - Buster.
I swear he was laughing at me as he Zipped by the back of cupboards just out of reach. Almost an hour later and totally in a lather I sat back on the sofa and was just about the howl with frustration when out he popped and dragged a piece of cucumber into the bendy tunnel and settled down. I swept down on the tunnel like a whirl wind and scooped tunnel and escapee into the cage!018.webphere he is , cheeky chappie!

Cheeky boy! Joey did this when I first got my two, he escaped out of the area I'd sectioned off for them (still don't know how he got out), and off he ran - he made it to the other end of the house and hid under the sofa, luckily we didn't have our cat then! Lettuce coaxed him out eventually :tu:

Hahah sounds like the great escape, clever little piggy but poor piggy mum! Glad you managed to scoop him back up!

Hi he is so cute, I'm 53, so I'm glad we are in the same age group, children grown up now we have baby piggies, :nod:

Haha that sounds like a naughty baby pig to me! He's so ickle and pretty, bet you can't be mad after looking at that sweet little face!

Sparkle did the same thing to me once when I was trying to weigh her. Like you , my first fear was if she started to nibble cables so I turned the electricity off. My 2nd fear was that she'd still be there when my OH came home. She went back of her own accord eventually and I told my OH we had had a power cut.

:yahoo:yes, I wanted some cute guys that wouldn't cheek me, would not stay out half the night drinking beer or chasing girls! - unlike my human sons used to do before they left home. My husband thinks I am some kind of mad guinea pig lady chattering away to them in baby talk!

I had to laugh at the image of you sprawling on the floor, arms akimbo, bum sticking up. I had to adopt a similar pose in the front yard when my Hazelnut escaped from my granddaughter and got himself wedged between the branches of a bush and the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back