The colder nights are on there way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
www.metcheck.com check out the weather for the week ahead in your area during the night its getting very chilly. Once its below 10c its not nice for piggies or us.

Its time to move piggies inside by that I mean out of the outside environment into a shed or the house. If your not able to move them inside give plenty of hay for them to snuggle into :)

I was just thinking yesterday maybe its time to move the little fellas indoors..
There bedroom area is packed with hay but I have a cage to house them indoors for the winter. Do you still let them outside in the run in the day ?

Cold at night I am freezing today ! Awwww poor little piggies looks like the sunny weather is well and truly over :'( I have been collecting things for them during the summer to keep them warm and entertained during the winter.

we've got the sun today but I'm still cold my 2 kiddies dont seem to feel the cold they hate having clothes on I have to fight with them in a morning just to get them dressed :)

Well judging by our 'summer' you never know, we might have a scorching christmas! 8) ;D

But getting to the end of the year again :o Blimmin heck! ;D

it was cold this morning, i amused the children by being a dragon ;D as you could see my breath 98)

My piggies had loads of fun trying out my techniques at keeping them warm! I have to keep them outside, so last night I put a really big pile of hay in their cage for them to make tunnels in. Of course, within 2 minutes it was all flatened and I had to try something else ::) I drape a towel over half of their door so that theyre warm but its well ventilated :) works like a charm

I was planning on bringing my 2 Guineas indoors. I have a nero 3 cage, is this big enough? I havent got the space to give them a whole bedroom! As a guideline is 10degrees over night when I should start keeping them as house Guineas?

Lauren x

Gosh it was soooooo cold here last night and this morning it was thick cold fog I went down to check the piggies and Pumpkin was on the bridge and Trixie was out chewing hay and the rest just stayed in bed too cold to get up. At least they are in a shed so they were warmer than outside I was so worried I went down in my night clothes it was freezing goodness knows what the neighbours must think ;D ;D ;D

Piggies have looooads of hay to keep them snuggly at the moment but hopefully bringing them in this weekend...need to get planning what to do with my room XD

Ive brought my 2 boys in today, its gone chilly here on a night but really warm in the day..
I went to feed Zac this morning and he didnt quite seem himself :-\ piggies are still new to me but It might of been he was cold :( bless him..
He seems really lively the last couple of hours being inside but Flopy is very quiet in his house.

PerfectPiggies said:
Well judging by our 'summer' you never know, we might have a scorching christmas! 8) ;D

But getting to the end of the year again :o Blimmin heck! ;D
Best not put the bbq to bed yet then ;D mind you we have not used it this year :'(

What kinda things do you lot recommend to go to exercise you piggies in the winter when you bring them indoors?

Lauren x

lolly163 said:
What kinda things do you lot recommend to go to exercise you piggies in the winter when you bring them indoors?

Lauren x
Mine have the hallway used to let them in the front room to

It's getting a lot warmer here-anyone experiencing the same weather, take the guinea's outside-they'll adore you for it :)

Mine have just came in and are enjoying exploring ;D

Racheylcg - I hope you mean out in the run, not outside in their hutch..it's getting too cold for them at night now :-\

Its getting colder now not warmer nights are now below 10c so its too cold out now at night.

It was freeing up here today and chucking it down rain too. We had to put our heating on this mroning!
I'm so so so glad that I got my piggies indoors and not outside in the hutch John was originally in.

It's supposed to be spring, but today was so cold! I gave my pigs LOADS of hay and covered the tops of the cages with a blanket :smitten:

Jane said:
Racheylcg - I hope you mean out in the run, not outside in their hutch..it's getting too cold for them at night now :-\
I do mean in the run, but mine are outside anyway with a hutch snug cause I'm not allowed them inside :(
I'm only allowed them inside if its snowing or if one of them's ill :(

It's not that bad weather here at the moment, but I know at night that it gets a wee bit chilly!

Also, can anyone recommend anything?
My two are always very keen to have fresh hay/straw (given to them everyday of course!) but I think that they will snuggle up in it (I give it to them at bed-time usually), they just trample on it and flatten it, so they can sit on it, rather than in it!

Any suggestions please?

my piggies live inside and I'm glad because the garden had turned into a swamp this morning, if theyd been outside theyd have been swimming by morning ;D

even with them being inside i put extra hay in the cage and covered the sides and top of their house in a fleecey blanket cos i was freezin and i assumed theyd be too... they stayed in there this morning when i put their veggies in so they must have been snuggley! lol

Mine are actually staying where they are and are having extra straw and hay for comfort and warmth ! 0:) Some are in a shed and some are in a hutch outside :)

iloveanimals said:
Mine are actually staying where they are and are having extra straw and hay for comfort and warmth ! 0:) Some are in a shed and some are in a hutch outside :)
Could you move them all into the shed? The lovely huge hutch you have could go along the back wall facing the window :) then put all your other cages in around it :) It would be nicer for you when you have to clean them out in the winter too. Its cold out now at night in a few months time it could be biting cold.

Pumpkinpiggie said:
iloveanimals said:
Could you move them all into the shed? The lovely huge hutch you have could go along the back wall facing the window :) then put all your other cages in around it :) It would be nicer for you when you have to clean them out in the winter too. Its cold out now at night in a few months time it could be biting cold.
Hi i have no room in my shed as its only a 10x6 i think and the tall 4 tier hutch i dont think will fit in as i have lots of cages in my shed at the moment - I really didnt think about cleaning them out in the freezing weather as last year i only had a few guinea pigs and they were all living together ? I might get 1 large extra cage about £40 then put 4 in there just for the cold nights and put them in my shed as theres 6 boys in a 4 tier at the moment outside plus i have a spare cage for the other 2 boys maybe ? ::)

My two girls were brought inside on Saturday night. Bought them a new Nero 4 cage with stand from Pets at Home, and they seem to like it.

It is great to hear the squeak when the fridge door opens again, and when the chopping board is in use. I think that they like the constant passing of people when they are indoors.

bellaandfizz said:
My two girls were brought inside on Saturday night. Bought them a new Nero 4 cage with stand from Pets at Home, and they seem to like it.

It is great to hear the squeak when the fridge door opens again, and when the chopping board is in use. I think that they like the constant passing of people when they are indoors.
Hi how much was the nero 4 from p@h if you dont mind me asking ?

£62.99, it is usually £69.99 but it was on special. It also came with the free GP starter kit.

The stand was £24.99 and so far we have no hay spill out of the side.

Not many for sale online at a cheaper price, and not many large ones on ebay, we did try to get one, but it would have taken too long to get here and it was getting pretty cold.

Oh right thats way too much for one cage for me ::)
I dont get any money and just have enough saved for piggy stuff like vet bills and food etc but can afford 1 more cheap cage if theres any out there ;D

at the moment i have a 4 tier hutch with 6 boys in there - split up into 2 compartments with 2 boys in 1 compartment and 4 boys in the other 2 compartments
and various cages in my shed - 6 i think ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back