The boys are home!

JaseChase

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I picked up my two five-month-old boars from the rescue!

They've been settling in okay. I let them be overnight and this morning found plenty of poops scattered around, as well as all the veg and lots of hay gone. They hid while I did a sweep and topped up the hay and gave them their pellets and I've been sitting near them all morning. They've started coming out to explore with me here which is so lovely to see!

They've found one of the water bottles and they love munching on the hay. We've had lots of nervous squeaks, the odd rumble and a little bit of chasing but otherwise they're taking their time to explore. I did catch one having a nap briefly which was nice to see.

Meet Noodle and Tofu! Noodle is the mostly ginger one with the spot of white on top of his head. Tofu is the one with more white on him (but they're very similar!)

Attachments

• Noodle.webp
    Noodle.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Tofu.webp
    Tofu.webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Both.webp
    Both.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Both2.webp
    Both2.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 26
Ahh such handsome dudes! Loving the little racing stripes they have on their noses :D

Awww such adorable piggies!
They are defiantly contenders for the stripy nose club!

Threads like this one are my favourite thing about this website. I read this one and think those two piggies have gone to a wonderful home, where they are going to have a great life.

Wow they're like twins! They are lovely, you will enjoy them so much. Enjoy every minute 🙂

Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome! The boys had another good night and when I greeted them this morning I got a few squeaks back 🥰 they definitely don’t like the dustpan and brush though so I’m being very careful with sweeping!

Getting their dinner out last night had them venturing out from under the blankets as soon as I opened the fridge 😂 they learned where food comes from fast!

Threads like this one are my favourite thing about this website. I read this one and think those two piggies have gone to a wonderful home, where they are going to have a great life.

This really means a lot, thank you! I’m going to do my very best to give them the home they deserve (the guides on this forum have helped me feel so much more prepared!) They came from an unwanted pregnancy so I’m just glad they have a forever home now

Wow they're like twins! They are lovely, you will enjoy them so much. Enjoy every minute 🙂

Thank you and they absolutely are! They’re litter mates but I’ve never seen two pigs so similar. I’m learning to tell them apart - Noodle is definitely the rumbler 😂

Here are a few more pigtures from yesterday but they’re still very shy so we’re taking things slowly 🥰

Attachments

• 6500E692-9770-4448-826F-48CF42EAF81C.webp
    6500E692-9770-4448-826F-48CF42EAF81C.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 12
  • BEA563F5-F04A-44DA-B5EB-08E96F32F2F5.webp
    BEA563F5-F04A-44DA-B5EB-08E96F32F2F5.webp
    81 KB · Views: 12
  • 434C3614-EA02-49F7-B3F6-6BFB17178F3A.webp
    434C3614-EA02-49F7-B3F6-6BFB17178F3A.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 12
  • AA3D74BD-AB37-4C69-B2E0-DBF08B8C5935.webp
    AA3D74BD-AB37-4C69-B2E0-DBF08B8C5935.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 9F1D96EC-463F-40CD-A684-F45EDC167783.webp
    9F1D96EC-463F-40CD-A684-F45EDC167783.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 13
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
Tofu and Noodle are just stunning.
It’s nice to see they’ve joined the Stripey Nose Club. I’m sure it will help them feel that they really belong here.
Not only have they landed on their paws in their new home but they have acquired an extended piggy family here.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:
Tofu and Noodle are just stunning.
It’s nice to see they’ve joined the Stripey Nose Club. I’m sure it will help them feel that they really belong here.
Not only have they landed on their paws in their new home but they have acquired an extended piggy family here.

Thank you! They say they’re very pleased to have such a welcoming extended family helping them settle in (and they’re thrilled to find other handsome stripey noses)

Also I just did some maths based on info from the rescue and they’re actually younger than I thought, only just turned four months old yesterday. So I’m guessing their teens are just beginning! The rescue lady was lovely and helpful and said their bond seems really strong and she expects them to get through no problem, but it’s slightly nerve wracking.

So far we’ve only had some rumbling from Noodle and a bit of chasing in terms of dominance, but Tofu always backs down - it’s mostly when Tofu goes in a hay tray and doesn’t realise Noodle is already in there! Tofu squeaks and gets out of Noodle’s way when he rumbles and they’ll happily sit together, share food, nap together at other times so I’m hoping we’ll be okay, but I’d appreciate any tips as I have never had boars before. I’ll be getting those guides back out again...

I also managed to do a bit of hand feeding today! I didn’t expect to be able to do that so soon but they came up to the bars when I was getting their lunch veggies so tried it and Noodle came right over. Tofu is a bit more shy but he did come and take one thing after watching Noodle for a while. I’m so proud of their bravery!

Aww look at them! They are gorgeous. Sound really brave too taking some food from your hands.

Aww look at them! They are gorgeous. Sound really brave too taking some food from your hands.

Honestly I was shocked! I was expecting to wait at least a week (and likely longer) but they’ve both taken food from my hand several times today. Brave boys. I can’t wait to introduce them to your tunnel!

Thank you, here are some updated pigtures just because :love: they're getting braver by the hour!

Attachments

• Feeding time 2.webp
    Feeding time 2.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Feeding time.webp
    Feeding time.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Tofu on the move.webp
    Tofu on the move.webp
    142.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Tofu101.webp
    Tofu101.webp