The Boys Are Certainley Settling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todite88

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well Captain Black and Popeye are certainley making themselves at home now, last week I put them in their run for the first time and we went out and left them too it for a few hours, I wasn't sure if they'd done much exploring in all honesty.

Yesterday I let them out again but stayed home and spent a lot of time in the garden, I expected them to hide but they didn't at all they spent their time in full view of us eating grass exploring their tunnels and castles (cardboard boxes)

We haven't done much handling of them kept it to a minimum as they've only been here 2 weeks, when it came to getting them in I climbed in the run and sat down I expected the boys to run in their hideys but they didn't, they didn't play dead either..they both came over to me sniffed me and did some little rumbles and squeaks at me.. I resisted picking them up and ushered them into their tubes to transfer back to their hutch.. using their tubes we had some lap time to give them a quick check over and some petting time (5 minutes) Popeye seemed very content looking around him making little noises at me even nibbled my jumper a bit.. captain was much quiter and nuzzled his head into my mums lap but I honestly think he enjoyed a bit of petting too!

They are back in the run today and transporting them seemed much easier today guessing they are learning I'm not there to hurt them? Glad things seem to be moving forward they certainley know my voice now these boys hoping to get a similar reaction from them at tea time when I put them in for bed

Captains hair is miid length I think so we're going to need to invest in a grooming brush, his hair is straight and soft what would be the best type?

Loving our pigs as an addition to our home :)

Sounds like it is all going very well and your boys are settling well. It is good that they are getting used to the sound of your voice and everything you said sounds positive. Using the tubes to transport is excellent as it takes the stress out of chasing them around trying to catch them. Sitting in the run was a fab idea. Be lovely to see some photos of the in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back