The Bloody Weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todite88

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Right so this weather is making life difficult for my pigs...they can't go in the run because all its done for about 2 weeks is RAIN.. Is it not ok to bring them inside for a few hours a day in an indoor run? So long as the heating isn't on and things? I need to empty their hutch now and give it a spray with some stuff to rid it of lice as they still have them.. They are midway through a treatment with the vet but I need to blast their hutch too.. the only thing I can think of it putting them both in their pet carrier for an hour whilst I sort that out would this be ok? They need some excercise time and they can't get it in their hutch is an indoor run really a no go for outdoor pigs!?!

I am sure they would love to come inside for a little run about..... mine are indoor all the time so i can't comment about the heating thing... i know they can't handle extreme temp changes but providing your house is warm i am sure they would be ok ..

They will probably love it. Could you possible house them inside in their run whilst they undergo the lice treatment? It will make cleaning easier for you and once the hutch is treated and they are clear they can go back into it.

It can be an issue to bring them in from the cold and into the heat due to the fast temperature change.

Right so this weather is making life difficult for my pigs...they can't go in the run because all its done for about 2 weeks is RAIN.. Is it not ok to bring them inside for a few hours a day in an indoor run? So long as the heating isn't on and things? I need to empty their hutch now and give it a spray with some stuff to rid it of lice as they still have them.. They are midway through a treatment with the vet but I need to blast their hutch too.. the only thing I can think of it putting them both in their pet carrier for an hour whilst I sort that out would this be ok? They need some excercise time and they can't get it in their hutch is an indoor run really a no go for outdoor pigs!?!

Keeping guinea pigs outside all the time unfortunately comes with problems. Have you got the option to bring them under cover somehow for the winter months.

Guinea pigs can have indoors roaming in an unheated indoors room that is at a similar temperature to their hutch. What you should not do is to bring them into a fully heated room and then take them outdoors again; piggies don't cope well with any sudden large changes in temperatures. They are also not as hardy as rabbits.

see here lies my problem.. I cant bring them in due to the temperature change.. I don't have a shed or anything just their run which does have a hidey in..maybe I could just pop them in there for an hour whilst I sort their hutch out.. I need a shed for them would make life so much easier but they don't seem to sell them in the size required... great british weather dont you just love it

Very temporary measure so I can get the hutch sorted today... back door wide open and kitchen window so they should stay cool... Popeye loves it... he's doing some crazy running about even captain is being much more active I thought he would just hide... he's exploring.. uh oh they might never go back outside x

1479736433881-257321048.webp

Not going back outside isn't a bad thing, just sneak them in... :P

Can't believe how calm they both are.. Popeye is always friendly when you go to the hutch but he just sat with me whilst I stroked his head and chin..and Captain usually runs out of sight at every opportunity and here they both are sat in front of me happy as Larry. My eldest isn't going to want them to go back out I know she isn't lol but they are going to have too because there isn't the room inside..plus I've got a chicken casserole to cook soon and that will make the kitchen ever so warm ..they both seem rather happy though ha x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back