Tesco value indoor cavy cages

• Thread starter Thread starter ahcavies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahcavies

Has anyone seen their value indoor cavy cages , ive just bought one for one of my skinnys and they are really good .

The only thing I'm not keen on is they have a reeding platform and ramp which some people might leave in and not safe for the pigs but i have thrown this part away .

Apart fro that the cage is great and easy to asemble

David xx

WHat are the dimensions of the cage? There is another thread about these cages somewhere, so I just wondered.

Oh right. Is that size OK for one guinea pig? I though the minimum was 2 foot by 4 foot? Or maybe thats for 2. I'm not sure now.

I thought it was something like that, but I have never had just the one pig so I wasnt sure. Thanx Lez.

as merlin is a loan pig he is ni a nero 3 which is approx 3x2

the tesco ones sound a similar size to a nero 2, which i personally wouldnt use

Ebay sellers are worse! Some people dont know the difference between hamsters and guinea pigs I'm sure! there are hamster cages for sale as guinea pigs cages, and hay and straw for sale for hamsters. 98) Are these people mad?

You are right about supermarkets, but they dont do research, they just sell whatever will sell to make a profit. Most pet shops are the same though.

I have been in Tesco today, all the hamster cages, guinea pig cage and other things are half price.
This now means you can buy a cage which is too small for £8. O ne of the hamster cages is £5.
They say clearance on the labels.
I hope this is not what they have decided to do as a result of all our emails, makes people think...
OOOhhhh £8 I can afford that. :(

I saw them i was trying to figure out a way that they could be joined together to make a big cage but couldn't think of a safe practical way of doing it

The £5 ones were very small.
They did however have one at £10 that should have been £20 that I thought was goo and worth the money.

Alfie said:
I have been in Tesco today, all the hamster cages, guinea pig cage and other things are half price.
This now means you can buy a cage which is too small for £8. O ne of the hamster cages is £5.
They say clearance on the labels.
I hope this is not what they have decided to do as a result of all our emails, makes people think...
OOOhhhh £8 I can afford that. :(

OOh thats a good deal i get spare cages for the summer months and use the tops for the boys when they are in the runs

when i just had xavier i got a wire mesh thing for him to run around outside in before i just used to leave him to run about but catching him was an issue! the wire thing was only £4 and suited him as he didnt really run around very much :-\ :( but now i've got the boys i'm going to go and get a proper run with a lid so the cats cant get at them.

i also got a small carry thing for him but now i've got massive guineas i've brought a better sized carry cage...i think i'll keep them together when they go to the vets so they dont get scared...i took one away from the other for 10 mins while i brushed him and the one left behind was horrified! :embarassed: when i brought him back they both disappeared in to the house with their bums towards me! ooppss am in trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back