Temporary enclosure before bonding attempt.

Rachel1234510

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey everyone

We lost one of our girls recently and have decided to rehome two younger girls from a local rescue to keep our remaining girl company.

I've just started setting up their temporary enclosure where they will live side by side for a little while before we fully introduce. Just been measuring up for each side of the enclosure.
For our girl- 4ft11x1ft11 and for the new pair 4ft11x2ft7. Is this ok? We planned to keep them here for up to three weeks while we build their new permanent enclosure so they can get used to each ither as much as possible however I'm now wondering if each side is a bit too small 🤔. Any advice is very welcome!

Pic of our remaining old girl, just because she's gorgeous!

Attachments

• IMG-20231110-WA0001.webp
    IMG-20231110-WA0001.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 1
4 foot by 2 foot (ie 8 square feet) is the minimum size for both a single piggy and for a pair of sows.
So what you are offering by way of temporary enclosures exceeds that size and is therefore fully suitable

Hey everyone

We lost one of our girls recently and have decided to rehome two younger girls from a local rescue to keep our remaining girl company.

I've just started setting up their temporary enclosure where they will live side by side for a little while before we fully introduce. Just been measuring up for each side of the enclosure.
For our girl- 4ft11x1ft11 and for the new pair 4ft11x2ft7. Is this ok? We planned to keep them here for up to three weeks while we build their new permanent enclosure so they can get used to each ither as much as possible however I'm now wondering if each side is a bit too small 🤔. Any advice is very welcome!

Pic of our remaining old girl, just because she's gorgeous!

Hi

It's OK if things are a bit tighter than usual in a temporary pen if it is for long term gain. It's a matter of common sense and practicalities. You have to make the best of what you have available. ;)

Back