• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tellington Touch?

• Thread starter Thread starter Damonshumanslave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damonshumanslave

I read this on another post, but now I can't find it! :(
I looked up tellington touch on the internet. It seems quite simple to learn the basics. It says that it can be useful for connecting to an animal that is nervous of handling. I have a guinea pig that hates being picked up. She eventually settles on my lap if I keep trying, and I do it every day, but she is still nervous. Does anyone know if using tellington touch might help her? Or will using it without proper training cause her harm?
I think the info I found online is enough to be able to do it properly. What does everyone think?

I have no idea what tellington touch is. I have seen a animal expert (Giles from Buffy the vampire slayer partner) doing a thing where she moves her finger over the animals body in circular movements is that what you are on about?

I don't know anything about it either. Lots of patience, bribery with food and gentleness are the key. Has she been treated for mites just in case? Some pigs don't like to be handled if their skin is sore.

Thought so they live just up the road from me and she often goes to Horse world to help with the horses who have been ill treated. I think its a good idea give it ago ;)

Thanx! I'm gonna try it when I get home and I'll let you know. Apparantly, you can feel them relax under your fingers, and they feel like they are communicating with you! Sounds a bit far-fetched to me, but if it settles Pepper and makes her less nervous of me, then it's worth a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back