• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How will I know if my piggies teeth are too long ? guinea pigs are very new to me only had my two piggies a couple of months.

Hi there

You'll know when your piggie's teeth are too long, they will drool and have obvious trouble eating/chewing. A vet will be able to trim them and rule out any other mouth problems.

Finding your guineas something they will happily chew on to keep their teeth down is hard, luckily one of my pigs is a definite gnawer and happily chews the fiddlesticks I give him. The other is not so keen on those, but will chomp regularly on his chube tunnel.

Hope this helps! :)

I use willow sticks, I hope this is sufficent?

Louise
x

Willow sticks only wear down Incicisors, hay and grass is needed to wear the molars too :)

Thanks Karen, they have unlimited supply to Meadow and Timothy :)

Thanks for your replys :) they both have lots of hay and they get out in their run on the grass for at least 4 hours per day.. I'll go and buy some willow sticks later ..
Thanks all
Karen x

The early stages of knowing the teeth are too long is when they start grinding their teeth, but as has been said, lots of hay everyday helps to keep them down O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back